Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Proxy Module...

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    Here is the PRORES, 16BIT TIFF and DNxHD module... works great NOW and doesnt turn a RAW Digital CINEMA camera into a video recorder

I posted this in the other thread, seems more relevant here now:

On the 4th page here http://205.186.140.43/epic.html where it lists the "easy as" steps, #2 says "Easy to Post; Native Realtime support from most popular applications... including the free RedCine-X application. 4k Playback, grading and transcode with RED Rocket™™™."

Does this mean the rocket can't do Epic's 5k? Any clarification would be helpful.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by jbeale View Post
    Normal H.264 would group together a lot of frames for the best compression (one reason it's harder to edit) so I'd think it would have a very significant delay. I would not expect this to be good for focus pulling, unless they are using some less-compressed subset of H.264.

Here's one "low latency" MPEG4 encoder, the best it can do is 0.3 second delay which seems like a long time if you're trying to keep the focus on track.
    http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COM..._datasheet.pdf
    Thanks, this is what I suspected might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Roy View Post
    I posted this in the other thread, seems more relevant here now:

On the 4th page here http://205.186.140.43/epic.html where it lists the "easy as" steps, #2 says "Easy to Post; Native Realtime support from most popular applications... including the free RedCine-X application. 4k Playback, grading and transcode with RED Rocket™™™™."

Does this mean the rocket can't do Epic's 5k? Any clarification would be helpful.

Thoughts?
    Oh, I think it will handle 5K just fine... and Im pretty sure Jim confirmed that somehwhere... remember the RR will debayer the 5K to 4K - dont see why it would not support 5K 6K 9K and 28K acceleration is my thoughts.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gibby View Post
    RED Rocket™...
    seems different...there is no red logo on the fan....
    i thought was real prores encoder!!!

g

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post
    Oh, I think it will handle 5K just fine... and Im pretty sure Jim confirmed that somehwhere... remember the RR will debayer the 5K to 4K - dont see why it would not support 5K 6K 9K and 28K acceleration is my thoughts.
    I thought that was the word as well, but since everything is subject to change, a clarification on the language used is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Roy View Post
    I thought that was the word as well, but since everything is subject to change, a clarification on the language used is needed.
    well nothing I write ever changes... RED just adopts it as LAW.

so take it all with a very very tiny grain of salt.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wild View Post
    I can see using it MUCH of the time in run & gun situations where we can't connect a cabled monitor. Can't wait to see or hear more about it.
    Can anyone confirm this? Most of the time I do run and gun stuff I am not under a wifi signal.

Jim,

My hat is off to you sir. This is bases loaded.

Just tell me that when I turn the Epic on and off the timecode keeps rolling and I can check off all my boxes.

Thanks,

IBloom

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wild View Post
    I sure hope this is a smaller/thin module as I can see using it MUCH of the time in run & gun situations where we can't connect a cabled monitor. Can't wait to see or hear more about it.
    Exactly. This one is staying on the whole time. I am hoping for SSD module thickness. Well, we haven't seen the final SSD module but it looks like it is gonna be a thin sucker, less than 2 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by AStamper View Post
    Can anyone confirm this? Most of the time I do run and gun stuff I am not under a wifi signal.
    Not sure I know what you are saying but you don't need a hot spot. The module will broadcast a Wi-Fi signal, all you have to do is catch it with a Wi-Fi enabled device.

Which makes me realize that someone is going to have to write a program to automate the up-load of the stream! That could be cool so editors, clients, what have you, can just sign in on the other end and automatically receive everything, as you are shooting! Or maybe just automate the upload to a server and then they can download at their leisure, or stop the download and continue later.
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Well then I shall upgrade my response to "THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!"