Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC Reservations Begin...

Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    This Epic X camera is going to be a serious gamer-changer for my film. Very happy to see things moving rapidly now.

Ok, I think I am going to go do some meditation and breathing exercises right now in an attempt to be patient and calm while waiting for Epic X...

I'm a dumbass and forgot my password ... also on hold :/
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by JanneJansson View Post
    I'm a dumbass and forgot my password ... also on hold :/
    At least you know its not a race to reserve the cameras since no matter when you reserve it they are still going to deliver via delivery date of your RED ONE.

225 frames per second at 2K.....

Jesus...

Jay
    Jay A Kelley
    Lead Instructor, Infotech Academy
    RED102. THE BEST ONLINE COURSE FOR SCARLET and EPIC
    http://www.red102.com

The winds of change are blowing strong...now bring me my Scarlet S35!

Quote Originally Posted by christopher witzke View Post
    Just a reminder...

This is for STAGE 2, where the person buys the EPIC X and keeps their RED ONE.

STAGE 3 is where the owner trades in their RED ONE for the EPIC X.
    Yes.

I think if anyone is "on the fence" - Stage 2 vs. Stage 3 - let me help you out -

You LOOSE YOUR RED ONE - for a savings of only $9000. (You also have the 2.8" LCD - not the 5" LCD.)

You won't get your EPIC until TATTOO program ends and ALL Stage 2 cameras ship.

You have to ask yourself if you think your Stage 2 - Epic-X generate $9000 in revenue before Stage 2 cameras ship?

Think about this example:

REDUSER A: selects Stage 2 - keeps RED ONE MX - pays RED $18,250. ($19,500 less $1250 MX upgrade credit)

He only manages to book four days rental on his EPIC-X package at a rate only slightly higher than a simple RED ONE MX camera package rents for - without lenses - before STAGE 3 Epics ships (rather "conservative" IMHO) He collects approx. $9,000 in rental revenue.

He still owns, and rents his RED ONE MX camera. He can rent it as a package WITH his Epic-X - as a B-camera, or backup. He can rent it to his clients who want to rent his Epic - but his Epic is booked - so he doesn't lose his client to another rental house or RED ONE MX owner.

He can always sell his RED ONE MX later for whatever the market is. Does anyone really think a RED ONE MX will sell for $9,000 or less ANYTIME soon?? Packages have been selling for FULL price lately.

REDUSER B: selects Stage 3 - surrenders his RED ONE MX - pays RED $10,500 less $1,250 for his MX upgrade credit = $9,250

While REDUSER B pays RED $9,000 LESS than REDUSER A - he only has his EPIC - only one camera he can use and rent.

I absolutely understand how difficult cash flow can be - and if you can't afford Stage 2 - you can't afford Stage 2 - however - RED has been generous enough to give you "notice" and "options".

Make sure you run the numbers before you sit out STAGE 2 for STAGE 3.

IMHO - Stage 2 is a STEAL over Stage 3.
    Last edited by Mark L. Pederson; 04-10-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Ditto.

Please, correct my written english.
    I'm still learning, and I need your help.
    Thanks in advance.

Mark, maybe you swap a couple of times the number of stages in your post?

Please, correct my written english.
    I'm still learning, and I need your help.
    Thanks in advance.

Senior Member christopher witzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Yes.

I think if anyone is "on the fence" - Stage 2 vs. Stage 3 - let me help you out -

You LOOSE YOUR RED ONE - for a savings of only $9000. (You also have the 2.8" LCD - not the 5" LCD.)

You won't get your EPIC until TATTOO program ends and ALL Stage 2 cameras ship.

You have to ask yourself if you think your Stage 2 - Epic-X generate $9000 in revenue before Stage 2 cameras ship?

Think about this example:

REDUSER A: selects Stage 2 - keeps RED ONE MX - pays RED $18,250. ($19,500 less $1250 MX upgrade credit)

He only manages to book four days rental on his EPIC-X package at a rate only slightly higher than a simple RED ONE MX camera package rents for - without lenses - before STAGE 3 Epics ship. He collects approx. $9,000 in rental revenue.

He still owns, and rents his RED ONE MX camera. He can rent it as a package WITH his Epic-X - as a B-camera, or backup. He can rent it to his clients who want to rent his Epic - but his Epic is booked - so he doesn't lose his client to another rental house or RED ONE MX owner.

He can always sell his RED ONE MX later for whatever the market is. Does anyone really think a RED ONE MX will sell for $9,000 or less ANYTIME soon?? Packages have been selling for FULL price lately.

REDUSER B: selects Stage 3 - surrenders his RED ONE MX - pays RED $10,500 less $1,250 for his MX upgrade credit = $9,250

While REDUSER B pays RED $9,000 LESS than REDUSER A - he only has his EPIC - only one camera he can use and rent.

I absolutely understand how difficult cash flow can be - and if you can't afford Stage 2 - you can't afford Stage 2 - however - RED has been generous enough to give you "notice" and "options".

Make sure you run the numbers before you sit out STAGE 2 for STAGE 3.

IMHO - Stage 2 is a STEAL over Stage 3.
    good points... guess I could scrape together the 19,500 buy selling off some of my RED ONE accessories.

Or ( not the smartest thing to do but ) sell my executed RED ONE with all it's accessories for $20k and apply for the EPIC X stage 2.

I can't really be without a RED camera though... so my the delivery timing would have to be tight.
    Last edited by Mark L. Pederson; 04-10-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado Silveri View Post
    Mark, maybe you swap a couple of times the number of stages in your post?
    yeah - I posted too quickly - referred to Stage 1 instead of 2, etc, - I think it's corrected now - re-reading.