Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC News...

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Not possible... frame rates are determined by vertical lines only.

Jim
    thanks

Of course that makes sense... just being hopeful!

sneaky question: Is it possible to sync two epics (3d) without the I/O module.

warm regards

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Burnett View Post
    Wait, I am confused. Shouldn't this be by horizontal lines only? If it were controlled by vertical lines then the comment about chopping off the sides would allow a higher frame rate.

I would think that when a row is being read, it reads out the whole thing in parallel for speed purposes. Is this not the case? Is it shifted out?
    I _THINK_ this means that you have to limit the number of lines (rows) that are read/reset on hte vertical axis.

IOW: You have to reduce the vertical dimension (scan fewer rows) to get teh framerate up, thus cropping the sides doesn't buy you anything.

(Similar to how the specifiying of "vertical lines of resolution" on CRT's could trip up some people's understanding of what was actually being discussed)

-sc

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Saxon View Post
    I'm really curious about stills mode framerates. I've never had any problem with 8fps on my DSLR, in fact 99.999% of the time (for me, I can't speak for full-time sports guys) 5fps would be plenty. But a little bit higher couldn't hurt!
    Lee, I don't see any reason why stlls mode can't do the 120fps. From what we've heard stills mode just gives you a place to store different settings that can be accessed with a switch of a button.

Justin is right, you get no compromise at 120fps as long as you are happy with 1/120th of a second shutter. But I think Ketch was asking about under-crank options. Ketch?
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

I've been hoping for a setting on the RED ONE that allows us to shoot 2:35 at 4k (not 4.5k) in order to shoot higher frame rates, or at the very least to be able to shoot at a less compressed Redcode. (ex. 4096x1742 / RC 50, or 4096x1742 / 36fps)
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

I can't wait to take an Epic out into the desert with some explosives and full auto weapons. Fun times ahead.
    Check out my new timelapse reel "Journey Part 1" https://vimeo.com/80871338

Custom Timelapse Shots using Epic and the 5D3
    http://599productions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Julio Quintana View Post
    I've been hoping for a setting on the RED ONE that allows us to shoot 2:35 at 4k (not 4.5k) in order to shoot higher frame rates, or at the very least to be able to shoot at a less compressed Redcode. (ex. 4096x1742 / RC 50, or 4096x1742 / 36fps)
    There is no way for hoping 100fps 4K in the M-X ? If not, why? Maybe a thread i missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Dueñas View Post
    There is no way for hoping 100fps 4K in the M-X ? If not, why? Maybe a thread i missed?
    RED One doesn't have the internal processing power or bandwidth to handle it. Have to get an Epic...
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    I can't wait to take an Epic out into the desert with some explosives and full auto weapons. Fun times ahead.
    YESSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    RED One doesn't have the internal processing power or bandwidth to handle it. Have to get an Epic...
    Thanks, back to my reading