Thats some awesome framerates..but..
Frame rates aren't nearly as important to my clients as DR, I've discussed the upgrade options with them many times, and ANY DR increase trumps framerates.
I hope I don't have to choose an upgrade "stage" without first more information on the Monstro specs., particularily how it would work with the proposed R1 upgrade path (ie, bigger photosites=more DR, but maybe less resolution, and ballpark cost)
The modular system is good, but not great in my eyes. To be great, Brains should be able to receive sensor upgrades like the R1 at least (ie, framerates change the same, but sensor improves). I appreciate that might make the upgrade process harder for Red.
At present upgrading an Epic-X -> Monstro would cost $33k (in the form of an FF epic), hopefully a R1 upgrade would be less.. I was hoping to skip MX actually..
Both sensors must surely exist already, based on the original Epic schedule, so hopefully we'll hear something sooner rather than later on this.
I'm not being negative.. I know everyone is pushing MX right now.. but thats just part of the information I need to make an informed upgrade decision
So.. looks like the final answer is 2K @ 225 FPS?
So on it looks like the Epic records 100FPS to a POSTAGE STAMP, what is that? And any news on pricing? ( http://epic.red.com/epic.html )
I hope you get your answer. I am amazed people are still holding out for Mostro though. I assummed everyone and their mother would upgrade, even if not renting the camera, I didn't think anyone would have the self control to wait.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|