Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED FOCUS

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I always find it fascinating when people bitch when we try to do something special for our customers.

For the Red One Camera owners, I think we have given plenty already by taking everyones cameras in for full value trade towards an EPIC, but I guess you want more?
    GOD, Jarred, why haven't you guys found me a girlfriend yet in your spare time? Also can I borrow the Red Jet to take her out in whenever you slackers get around to finding her?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    I always find it fascinating when people bitch when we try to do something special for our customers.

For the Red One Camera owners, I think we have given plenty already by taking everyones cameras in for full value trade towards an EPIC, but I guess you want more?
    Wait, I didn't even see the price concession to RPP owners.

$400 Loyalty Discount?

WAY COOL - THANKS SO MUCH!

Don't like it? Then BUY THE RPP's and join the club! There appears to be NO EXPIRATION DATE ON THE OFFER.

See this device is a LENS ACCESSORY and they offered an unannounced or published LOYALTY PROGRAM FOR RPP OWNERS.

SO EITHER BECOME ONE NOW. or just buy the FOCUS for $19.000 less than us RPP owners had to pay for our special pricing.
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Whitcomb View Post

SO EITHER BECOME ONE NOW. or just buy the FOCUS for $19.000 less than us RPP owners had to pay for our special pricing.
    Good point. in comparison to the price of the RPP set, 400 bucks is simply a courtesy.. with slight incentive.

I can't afford either, so i see little point in arguing. Sure, they could open it up to all of red family.... all of red family is currently r1 owners...

just curious.. How many R1 owners out there can't afford the RPPs but could afford the Red Focus?

Ok, now how many of you that can afford just the RFocus really really need it?

there ya go.. arguing over pennies.

when?????

sorry Mich! Red Null its not acurate by it self! BIG BIG Deception unfortunately I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by alex andreermel View Post
    when?????

sorry Mich! Red Null its not acurate by it self! BIG BIG Deception unfortunately I have one.
    If you have a problem with your Red Null, it'd be fairer to give Mitch a chance to rectify it before making that kind of accusation. And just because your RED Null might have a fault, doesn't mean every Null sold has the same problem.

DigitalFX tested it and was very happy with it.
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

If you find the RED Null to be inaccurate, then there seems to be two possibilities:

Defective lens - contact Abel for help.

Operator error - not sure what you should do.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Quote Originally Posted by alex andreermel View Post
    when?????

A few weeks ago a friend of mine who bought one told me he was very disapointed with the Red Null, that he and other guys had tried to use it and that it wasn't precise at all.

So I tried it, put it on the camera, activated 1:1 magnification and edge highlight, and started turning the backfocus ring. It worked perfectly, the right adjustment was very easy to find. After that he loved it, turns out he hadn't used edge highlight when he'd tried it...

Red Null is a great tool. However, I'd definately buy the Red Focus over the Red Null, now that it's (nearly) out.

If anyone ever needs support on a product purchased from Abel Cine Tech please feel free to contact me. If I am not the one to assist you I will find the person who is.
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design

This category of accessory has got to be the biggest frustration of them all.

IMHO ... if this product had been telegraphed more openly, Red would have received more orders than they would have otherwise.

Red Focus sounds great ... but when it is going to be available?
    David Namir
    Israel
    www.dnkarentals.com

+972-50-7753000
    gdv@actcom.co.il
    davidnamir@gmail.com