Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC is alive...

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    damn, i'm drooling. wish i could afford one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Good catch Lee.. the side CF module is not included in the brain price ( Just like the side CF module is not included in the RED ONE body price ) but I included it in the brain weigh-in last night by mistake... I guess that is one of those happy accidents :)

I apologize for that oversight.
    That IS indeed a good accident. Looks like it'll be easy for the Scarlet to go with my Steadicam.
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Good catch Lee.. the side CF module is not included in the brain price ( Just like the side CF module is not included in the RED ONE body price ) but I included it in the brain weigh-in last night by mistake... I guess that is one of those happy accidents :)

I apologize for that oversight.
    I'd guess the CF module is pretty light and it doesn't make a huge difference?

Will the lower-end Scarlets have enough less stuffed into them to be noticeably lighter or will all the brains be around the same weight?

looking good.

5. #185 Brick plate on side of camera? 
    Very exciting stuff! 12 seconds, I like that...I like that a lot!

Speaking of cables... I dont think we have shown you this one yet.. it converts the DSMC power lemo to the legacy RED ONE lemo so you can still use all your RED ONE power options.. and those big RED BRICKS power EPIC for a very, very long time :)
    Along these lines, would you consider making a low profile battery plate that mounted on the "grip" side of the camera, in similar fashion as the grip, which connected power internally (like the grip) but accepted Red Brick batteries?

I'd buy it...

Please excuse my extremely poor photoshop - attempting to illustrate what I'm trying to say:
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Isaac Babcock; 04-04-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: screwed up quote

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Babcock View Post
    Please excuse my extremely poor photoshop - attempting to illustrate what I'm trying to say:
    Gets the point across! :D

Remember the grip acts as a battery as well. You probably already know that though, but of course we all like options and modularity. :)
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    EPIC is alive and shooting incredible images... actually, the best we have ever seen.

Jim

AWESOME!! Waiting patiently

Have you switched to a push button CF eject mechanism, as opposed to just pulling it out. fnarr

Should reduce, one would hope, the probability of bet pins occurring.
    Maybe the video game is good.

Banned
    NAB is going to be truly EPIC!

Way to go RED TEAM!

10. #190 Side 1.8" SSD module? 
    So, for the most compact setup possible, could you (Red) make a side 1.8" SSD module to be used instead of the CF module? It seems that with the current state of 1.8" ssd's, (getting faster, larger capacity, less expensive), this would make more sense than having a side CF module?

It seems that with a compact SSD set up, CF cards would be a thing of the past - folks can sure correct me on that one. I don't claim to know nuthin, just wundrin.

OK, 2 posts in one day, I'm cutting myself off.