Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: EPIC is alive...

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    So what does all this mean when it comes to the actual schedule of tentative release dates? I'm saving my pennies for a Scarlet... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by R. Gonzales View Post
    Hey Jarred,

Any chance of answering these questions, or do I have to wait for NAB?

1. Will the Epic / Scarlet be able to sync with an onboard flash unit or strobe flash unit?

2. If this is possible, will there be an accessory hot-shoe?

3. In Stills mode, how fast would one be able to shoot frames.

4. How will these cameras compare to other DSLR's in Stills mode?
    • In an interview I had with Ted concerning flash/strobes, I believe he said that by looking at 3rd parties such as Element Technica he expects others to fill the market for those kinds of things.
    • Yes, you can see at the top of the brain the little holes that you mount a rang of accessories such as those shoe mounts or even rails to support more stuff...

• Remember that in the motion mode, the DSMC won't be shooting video. It's not a video camera. For instance, the Fixed Scarlet has been targeted to shoot 1-120 RAW progressive frames per second. I don't see too many differences between the STILL/MOTION modes (maybe various terms will be photography centric as well as flash abilities in STILL mode).
    • Of course these haven't been out in the wild, but from what we've seen from RED, I don't think it'll be all that shabby,
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

I have to say, at this point my only real remaining fear is the noise of the fan.. I hope some improvements were made in this area.

It's really the only thing about the RED ONE today that's still hard to deal with sometimes. Everything else has been pretty much dealt with!

Jay
    Jay A Kelley
    Lead Instructor, Infotech Academy
    RED102. THE BEST ONLINE COURSE FOR SCARLET and EPIC
    http://www.red102.com

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Dont worry about flash triggering options.. we have those covered.

There is a PC/X SYNC port integrated into the side handle which can talk to the majority of Pocketwizards, Profoto, Hensel, Elinchrom, AB, etc. modules and we are mid-development with various wireless triggering options.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Dont worry about flash triggering options.. we have those covered.

There is a PC/X SYNC port integrated into the side handle which can talk to the majority of Pocketwizards, Profoto, Hensel, Elinchrom, AB, etc. modules and we are mid-development with various wireless triggering options.
    This was one of those options that when you guys confirmed at Red Studios Hollywood's Red Day, I was extremely Happy!!

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Yeah.. dont worry Ketch, Stills are a very important part of the DSMC program.. and as you know is very close to me and Jim's heart. Jim has been shooting stills professionally for more than 30 years... nearly every Oakley ad you ever saw for the first 20 years Jim shot himself.

Never really worried Jarred, as I do know what does Still photography means for the two of you, but it is always great to be reassured with such statements.

My two Epic-X, even so will see mostly S3D work, will undoubtedly see some Incredible Still work, with completely new found frontiers.

i'd love to roll it up and smoke it!
    “visionary”

Random question: Seems strange that the rear module connections aren't covered by some plastic cap or something when you're not using any models?

Another random question : There was a picture labeled "Brain only 5 lbs" which showed a brain with a side CF module weighing in at 5 lbs. Are those now included with a brain purchase?

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Good catch Lee.. the side CF module is not included in the brain price ( Just like the side CF module is not included in the RED ONE body price ) but I included it in the brain weigh-in last night by mistake... I guess that is one of those happy accidents :)

I apologize for that oversight.