Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDCINE-X Build 183...

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    I also lost a lot of time. saved project as... then saved along the way. When it crashed i opened back up to where I was on the first save, had to redo a bunch of work.
    Silver Lake Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Epic rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.markshoots.com

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Andersen View Post
    I also lost a lot of time. saved project as... then saved along the way. When it crashed i opened back up to where I was on the first save, had to redo a bunch of work.
    If you're seeing crashes or grades not showing up in a project after loading, send us info so we can figure out why as we don't see the same issues here. Please send to redcinex at red dot com:

1. Log files from the app
    2. Any crash reports if it crashed
    3. project file
    4. description of what you were doing when it crashed
    5. system profile

Top list of function a solid RED transcoding tool needs for professional work.

- TimeCode selection (EdgeCode or TOD/External)
    - FPS section (frame rate conversion on transcode)
    - Debayer Quality (consistent naming convention, not Medium or Low but 1/4 & 1/8 so we know exactly what its doing)
    - Resample Filter (choose B-Spline, Quadric, Mitchell, Gaussian, Box, Triangle, Lanczos, Sinc, Cubic, Linear)
    - Multi Clip and Mulit Core rendering
    - Burn In TC
    - Audio Sync
    Rory Hinds
    Director / DoP / Drone Pilot
    Mine Films & Mountain DI

http://www.minefilms.com

UK, USA, CANADA, EUROPE & SOUTH AFRICA

IATSE 669 Director of Photography / Drone Pilot
    VFX, Grading & Finishing

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roryhinds View Post
    Top list of function a solid RED transcoding tool needs for professional work.
    - Burn In TC
    - Audio Sync
    Those last too are working well for me in latest RCX.
    It burns Edgecode or TOD TC (or clipname...), and autosync cantar files.

the app will hopefully evolve to include everything redrushes/redline and redalert offered and much more.

Speaking of pro features we'd like to keep :
    - an option to disable any color matrixing/WB when converting raw files to REDlog dpx... (like it was possible in RA-RL)

Mikael
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish twitter vimeo facebook instagram

- Batch export clips to selected folder.

I'd like to be able to batch export selected clips to one folder and then other clips to another folder... so basically setting a destination for each clip to control where they end up for easy sorting and management
    Rory Hinds
    Mine Films & Mountain DI

VFX, Grading & Finishing

is REDRushes being worked on or is RED planning to melt RRushes into RC-X?

RRushes had a great interface with control over TC and multi-core support, it was just so much cleaner than RC-X which I know is still beta but man is it messy :-)
    Rory Hinds
    Mine Films & Mountain DI

VFX, Grading & Finishing

I know there's a new PC version imminent; just wanted to send a few notes from using this version:

1. Exporting the current clip works the first time, and I can queue up one more while the export is running, but RedCine-X consistently freezes when I add a third unless I manually pause the export first. This problem did not occur on the previous PC release, for whatever that's worth.

2. I cancelled an export at the top of a queue, but the next item in the queue didn't start. I only tried this once, so it might or might not be easy to repro on that end.

3. This may already be a known limitation, but I wanted to mention it just in case: on PC, DNxHD formats now show up as a target (hooray), but exporting to DNxHD36 crashes consistently for me (I didn't try any other DNx formats, since I suspected that perhaps this feature just wasn't finished being implemented for PC).

On the plus side, this build seems to have resolved an issue that I was having with the previous PC release where DPX transcodes were sometimes corrupted by black frames at various points in the clip. Also, this build seems to be producing DPX transcodes more quickly.

Redcine-X is tremendously useful, and I'm grateful that it is provided for free! Keep up the great work!

- Tim

8.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morten View Post
    I know there's a new PC version imminent; just wanted to send a few notes from using this version:

1. Exporting the current clip works the first time, and I can queue up one more while the export is running, but RedCine-X consistently freezes when I add a third unless I manually pause the export first. This problem did not occur on the previous PC release, for whatever that's worth.

2. I cancelled an export at the top of a queue, but the next item in the queue didn't start. I only tried this once, so it might or might not be easy to repro on that end.

3. This may already be a known limitation, but I wanted to mention it just in case: on PC, DNxHD formats now show up as a target (hooray), but exporting to DNxHD36 crashes consistently for me (I didn't try any other DNx formats, since I suspected that perhaps this feature just wasn't finished being implemented for PC).

On the plus side, this build seems to have resolved an issue that I was having with the previous PC release where DPX transcodes were sometimes corrupted by black frames at various points in the clip. Also, this build seems to be producing DPX transcodes more quickly.

Redcine-X is tremendously useful, and I'm grateful that it is provided for free! Keep up the great work!

- Tim
    Tim, can you turn on verbose logging and send us the logs for the three above problems (preferably if you can create separate logs for each) and email them to redcinex at red.com.

The logs are here:
    On windows 7 "{User's Folder}\AppData\Local\red\RedCineX"
    On XP: "{User's Folder}\Local Settings\Application Data\red\RedCineX\Logs"

Thanks Deanan; I'll get these to you today as soon as my current DPX batch is done processing.

Cheers,
    Tim