Thread: "Send to REDCINE-X" new Clipfinder 2.5 beta 1

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hans,
    Sorry for being dense, but do you have a step by step of what exactly you can do with the new feature? Like Ben, I am also eagerly awaiting the ability to send an XML from Final Cut to RC-X.

(FYI - I have been using Clipfinder for months and I did donate. You've created an awesome program.)
    Julio Quintana
    www.juliomquintana.com

EPIC-X DRAGON #560

Worth every cent.

David
    "Love's Labour's lost"
    Battistella

Julio,

With Clipfinder 2.5, you can
    - import an FCP sequence (via the XML import), send the sequence (jump cuts only) to the REDCINE-X timeline, play back and render the sequence as a single clip.
    - import an FCP sequence as a set of merged subclips (earliest in-point to latest out-point per clip), send to the REDCINE-X bin, render all clips in the bin, then use Clipfinder to conform back to the FCP sequence.
    - import an FCP sequence etc., send to ROCKETcine-X for rendering, then conform back (again, from merged subclips).
    At the moment, ROCKETcine-X seems to be sligthly more stable, but REDCINE-X is catching up quickly.

Cheers,
    Hans

you can confo with import subclips from fcp xml by using FCPreconnect from www.videotoolshed.com to rename the clip parts.

i made a small demomovie for this workflow - still with clipfinder 2.2, but i guess i could be working with 2.5 also.

http://www.therightmix.be/www/Blog/E...dering....html
    Filip Vandoorne
    RED Digital Cinema rental & consultancy
    Epic-X + Epic-Dragon with Ti PL - Ti Canon mount - Canon FD mount
    RED One MX
    RED Pro Primes, RED Zooms, Duclos 11-16,
    Leica R and Contax Zeiss sets cinemod's for Canon mount
    Canon FD set
    Ronford Baker Atlas 30 head
    www.therightmix.be
    www.twitter.com/doubleprecision

Hans,

You should pull the bets' off your site. People should just pay for this great software from now on.

David
    "Love's Labour's lost"
    Battistella

Does it work with MX footage?

Vladimir,

To the extent possible, Clipfinder 2.5 does work with MX footage:
    - the display in the loupe window is via the latest SDK version (i.e. with support for MX, FLUT™, Shadow, REDcolor, REDgamma)
    - the display in the main window is from the proxy files, so colors will look off with MX footage until a new RED Quicktime codec is released.
    - rendering from Clipfinder directly does not work with MX footage (I'm waiting for the next version of REDline)
    - sending selects to REDCINE-X or ROCKETcine-X works, you can use either to play back and render MX footage

Cheers,
    Hans

Hi Hans,

Started working with CF2.5 yesterday, great stuff!

Question about multiple versions of the same take in an edit -

I edit live multicam RED so I end up with 7 x 90 minute takes. My goal is to have individual control of each moment in RCX (not a single grading decision for the entire clip.)

Do you have a feel whether this will eventually be available in Clipmeister or is it a fundamental issue with R3Ds and XML?

All the best,

Jim

Jim,

Interesting question. I did a quick test and it turns out that if you create multiple subclips of the same clip in Clipfinder and send them to the RCX bin, each subclip can be graded separately in RCX.

If you are talking about frame-by-frame grading, then I don't think I understand the issues involved in that well enough to give you a sensible answer. For the timing being, though, that seems to be the domain of dedicated grading suites.

Cheers,
    Hans

Hi Hans,

Definitely not talking about frame by frame grading, just per clip.

So if I have 500 subclips, I want to be able to grade each one separately rather than applying one grade to the merged "super" clip.

I was having trouble with this yesterday. The clips would come into RCX, but would have all the wrong timing info. Do I need to dedicate to either EC or TOD or does it figure it out?

Cheers,

Jim