Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: How soon until new REDAlert?

Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1. #1 How soon until new REDAlert? 
    Hey RED, I was wondering if you have a rough ETA on how soon the new REDAlert/REDRushes will be out with the new FLUT/ColorSpace/Gamma settings? It would be nice to have an update soon!

Matthew

i think redcine x is supposed to replace all other apps

I'm fine with that if RedCine X creates .rsx files that can be used by REDRushes. I personally use clipfinder to do a quick one light and then render out files for editing and then moving onto Color (although, with the new Color plugin, I may go back to CC'ing from the RAW files again.)

Matthew

Rocketcine supports RSX and the new color science, but if you don't have a rocket....

I kinda doubt that a new version of Red Alert will be released. I think the push from here on out is for Redcine-x and the new RMD (RED MetaData) format to replace RSX.

Redline is supposed to get an update to use the Rocket and new color science, I don't know when though. There's a good chance it will come with the RMD abilities.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

5.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    Rocketcine supports RSX and the new color science, but if you don't have a rocket....

I kinda doubt that a new version of Red Alert will be released. I think the push from here on out is for Redcine-x and the new RMD (RED MetaData) format to replace RSX.

Redline is supposed to get an update to use the Rocket and new color science, I don't know when though. There's a good chance it will come with the RMD abilities.
    Yes, all of the above is correct.

Sorry, I've been overseas for the last several months and have just come back to find RED Rushes no longer supported, which is a bit of a shame. Don't get me wrong, REDCINE-X looks great and has a lot of potential, but I was just really fond of the simple and effective RED Rushes workflow. I'm curious...

I haven't been able to find an post here that says categorically when and why RED Rushes is no longer supported, and what exactly happens if you try and transcode build 30 R3Ds in the older RED Rushes (even if you have the latest version of REDline). I know there is some metadata being lost in translation, but I'm not sure of the specifics. Any ideas?

Does REDCINE-X use REDline to handle all the transcoding? I'm presuming it does, as when you download REDCINE-X it comes with REDline.

As RED Rushes is just an interface on top of REDline, would it be possible to update RED Rushes to support the new metadata that is currently causing it to output wrong?

If RED doesn't want to do it, any chance RED could Open Source RED Rushes so that the community could make the necessary changes?

I know most (if not everyone) has given up on RED Rushes and moved along to the bigger and better REDCINE-X, but already I've heard a lot of people saying that REDCINE-X is crashing a fair amount of times, and is not overly stable in a production environment yet - whereas RED Rushes was rock solid. Obviously I need to do some more testing myself, and present the facts here for the developers to see, but my gut feeling says that it would be great to have the option of using the powerful REDCINE-X or the less pretty, but just as practical RED Rushes.

Any information or clarification you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Best Regards, Chris!

Yeah, Deanan, do you know if there's any remote chance that we might get a new version of Redrushes distributed with Redcine-X in the future?

What I like about Redrushes is that it's simple, rock-solid and very scalable, CPU-wise. It's the perfect app for rendering batch off-lines and dailies.

Or...

Is the current thinking that Redcine-X will even replace Redrushes, now that it has Redline support (as of the 3xx builds)? If this is the case, I'd love to see the ability to adjust cores and threads for Redline rendering. That was actually a very useful feature to me in Redrushes.

Redline for Mac and Win has been mentioned.
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://blog.gunleik.com

Dragon short: "Sweet..." https://vimeo.com/74358938

Current Indiegogo Campaign: #godtnorsk:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/godtnorsk/x/541483