Thread: Red in Switzerland

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ...aahh... redrental.ch, ...I remember ;-)

as far as I know Megarent has nothing ordered.
    Alexander Christ | OCTAMAS
    Rental | Post Production | Production
    4x RED WEAPON MONSTRO 8K VV, 2x RED EPIC-W HELIUM 8K S35
    It all started with RED ONE #419, #420
    RED Menu Guides

They all just wait and see. That's the typical swiss way.
    To be honest, there is a lot we all dont know yet.
    It has to be seen if the RED workflow is ideal for average swiss productions. Maybe we early adapters are realy a bit early.
    It could take another 10 month till the red postworkflow is bullitproofed and easy to understand for everybody. And I mean everybody!!!

You dont have those kinda Problems with the "normal" HDCAMs.
    You just take the tape out and start to work in a way, that hasn't changed in the last 10 years. This gives the customer some security. He knows how to handle the footage right from the start. RED is a total new ballgame and a lot of people are afraid of it. You have much more room to play but this is exactly what a lot of folks dont need, because then they get lost.
    So we better make a good job in presenting the right workflow that works easy and fine or the average swiss joe will stay away from the RED. That's why the swiss rental houses all wait and see till they realy have seen it work.

So its up to us now...
    Tim
    Tim Lüdin
    Director / DP / Photographer
    Epic Dragon 183
    www.timluedin.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
    Hello everbody of the Swiss RED Core!

Does anybody know which rental houses have ordered RED Ones?
    Hi,

Just rumors but 2 companies in Zurich & 1 in Geneva, I hear about 2 more cameras every week now.

Stephen
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

Quote Originally Posted by Timage View Post
    They all just wait and see. That's the typical swiss way.
    To be honest, there is a lot we all dont know yet.
    It has to be seen if the RED workflow is ideal for average swiss productions. Maybe we early adapters are realy a bit early.
    It could take another 10 month till the red postworkflow is bullitproofed and easy to understand for everybody. And I mean everybody!!!
    Very true. I did speak to a couple of Swiss Filmmakers, all saying that they will wait doing a red-production. I noticed that this is for the wrong reasons though. Often I heard them talk about issues that don't exist or stuff that is currently being addressed. So it's a mix of scepticism and good ol' swiss perfection - rely on what you know. Is that a good thing? I dunno. To some extent I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Williams View Post
    Hi,

Just rumors but 2 companies in Zurich & 1 in Geneva, I hear about 2 more cameras every week now.

Stephen
    I know for a fact about one company that has 5 cameras coming (in the low 100's) and two people hired just for them. I also heard they were trying to become an official red distribution partner, but well... Based in Zurich btw and not really the video rental house you'd expect. We'll see bout that...
    Tobias Straka

Director | Art Director | Producer

/// Web: straka.ch

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post

I know for a fact about one company that has 5 cameras coming (in the low 100's) and two people hired just for them.
    Hi,

Is that Light & Bryte?

I up my guess to 40 Reds in CH very soon, shame there is only 1 set of S4's in the country, that sort of puts this all in perspective!

Stephen

Hi,

Is that Light & Bryte?

Stephen
    Almost - Light & Byte :) Is that public already? Anyway - they already supply companies like megarent etc with light and stuff, so I guess this is a logical step...

EDIT: I just found out that the information about LB is not quite correct - one of you guys could tell, right? :) Ok so what it looks like is that they do have 3 or 4 cameras reserved but they seem not to be sure yet whether or not they actually gonna get all of them. They are in contact with a swiss red owner (so who is it, guys?) and they are renting that red for a couple of weeks to test things. Then they're gonna decide which way to go. So - sorry for the misinformation, I'll keep my future posts to what I REALLY know as a fact...
    Tobias Straka

Director | Art Director | Producer

/// Web: straka.ch

This is the swiss reduser forum.

http://www.redstockshots.com/REDswiss/index.php

Question :

2k Real time colortiming on Scratch of 4k r3d material projected on a 9m screen in a real theater with a 2k DI Chrisite projector and a professionnal colorist for 950.-- chfr. a day and all this in Lausanne.

Are you interested?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Almost - Light & Byte :) Is that public already? Anyway - they already supply companies like megarent etc with light and stuff, so I guess this is a logical step...

EDIT: I just found out that the information about LB is not quite correct - one of you guys could tell, right? :) Ok so what it looks like is that they do have 3 or 4 cameras reserved but they seem not to be sure yet whether or not they actually gonna get all of them. They are in contact with a swiss red owner (so who is it, guys?) and they are renting that red for a couple of weeks to test things. Then they're gonna decide which way to go. So - sorry for the misinformation, I'll keep my future posts to what I REALLY know as a fact...
    Hi,

Somebody from L&B was phoning around asking people if had a red for rent. They did not say they were from L&B but there phone no gave their game away.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Tresch View Post
    This is the swiss reduser forum.

http://www.redstockshots.com/REDswiss/index.php

Question :

2k Real time colortiming on Scratch of 4k r3d material projected on a 9m screen in a real theater with a 2k DI Chrisite projector and a professionnal colorist for 950.-- chfr. a day and all this in Lausanne.

Are you interested?

Pat
    Hi Pat,

Sounds very reasonable, I paid 1600 last week to hire a Christie Projector!

Stephen

Hi Pat,

Sounds very reasonable, I paid 1600 last week to hire a Christie Projector!

Stephen
    Indeed it seams very cheap... and it is...
    But... it's still a project...

The trick to get this so cheap is to do it as an association "a but non lucratif" (sorry for that) which wants to promote low and mid budget productions. Why DI should only be in reach of big productions? Our DOP job uses new tools, and we need to find out new ways to reach our visions.

See you.

Patrick