Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: LEO @ ISO 2000

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Nicely done... Seems there was no grading down here (not talking about noise reduction)

Wow, this is incredible. Can't wait for my MX notice!
    Norm Li, csc
    Cinematographer
    http://www.norm-li.com

Alexa Mini's, Arricam LT 2-perf, Arri 235 4-perf, Arri 416 Plus HS, Leica Summilux-C Set, Cooke S4/i Sets, Arri Master Primes Set, TLS Cooke Panchros, Angenieux Optimos, Lomo Anamorphics, Arri Ultra16s, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    You just have to promise to post footage from the new sensor. That is part of the upgrade deal (very fine print). See you in Las Vegas, Steve.

Jim
    I just have to stop working on projects that require NDAs. :-)

New website going to be going up in the near future with stuff that isn't under NDA or rights issues for people to download files (R3Ds). I know that has been a big request from people, so hopefully it's something I can do to help the community who don't own Red cameras or don't have access to footage from one. I'm anxious to shoot M-X footage and share results. Going to be a lot of fun based on what I have seen so far.

Huge thanks to Michael Cione, everyone at RED, Mark Pederson, and all those who took part in helping get these initial tests out there. As fun as it is to talk about all of this, it's great seeing moving images. Also, I'm very happy to see the relentless work that is going into the new Redcine-X app. Updates are coming out at a feverish pace, and I'm excited about the direction it is going in. Looks like it's going to be a killer app.

See you in Vegas, Jim!
    Steve Sherrick

My God! That's one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time! To think that my own Red could potentially make images that clean just by upgrading the sensor is very exciting!

I'll be flying in from Sydney for Red Day and can't wait to see that in 4K!

Exciting times to say the least.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    You just have to promise to post footage from the new sensor. That is part of the upgrade deal (very fine print). See you in Las Vegas, Steve.

Jim

We have loads of footage that we're going to put out links for on Saturday. It's Mysterium and Mysterium X with identical RED Pro Primes with the same T stop on both cameras, all shot at RC42 on 4kHD. The only thing people need to remember is that there is a known calibration error that will soon be fixed that rears its head in footage that is way under exposed, but even with that knowledge, the new M-X sensor is amazing, and it's only going to get lots better.

We shot lots of night exterior and lots under tungsten, even some cremora explosions.

Explosion Pic

If you guys think that Leo shot looks good via this download, you should have seen it projected in 4k on the big screen at the early camera owners Red Day at Red Studios Hollywood on January 16. It was a real "jaw dropper", along with the other M-X clips projected that day.

Cool stuff for sure..:)
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimhare View Post
    My God! That's one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time! To think that my own Red could potentially make images that clean just by upgrading the sensor is very exciting!

I'll be flying in from Sydney for Red Day and can't wait to see that in 4K!

Exciting times to say the least.

Jim
    Yeah, to Jim's credit, he wasn't kidding when he said R1 owners would be happy. To me, what they are doing with this M-X sensor and the new color science is exactly what was promised in the early days. Drop a new sensor in your existing camera, voila, new camera. I'm excited as anyone about Epic and Scarlet, but this is a great evolution of the R1 and staying true to the original philosophy.
    Steve Sherrick

Ok, just scoured the footage again and again; it is very clean. Much more so than I had imagined from the pictures. Moreover, the characteristics of the noise are very subtle, pleasing.
    SAGE P

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Freebairn View Post
    We have loads of footage that we're going to put out links for on Saturday. It's Mysterium and Mysterium X with identical RED Pro Primes with the same T stop on both cameras, all shot at RC42 on 4kHD. The only thing people need to remember is that there is a known calibration error that will soon be fixed that rears its head in footage that is way under exposed, but even with that knowledge, the new M-X sensor is amazing, and it's only going to get lots better.

We shot lots of night exterior and lots under tungsten, even some cremora explosions.

Explosion Pic
    Nice, thanks Steve! Looking forward to checking it out.

Great pic too!
    Steve Sherrick

I don't know about you guys, but all of these Recon posts are so much fun...