Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: LEO @ ISO 2000

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    As Jim said.. this shot was a focus puller's nightmare. Not only is it dark.. dark dark.. but it is shot wide open and Leo moves.. on top of that, it is also a dolly creep in as well :)

On a side note.. it was also great to finally find a shot that breaks PRORES.. as good as the mighty PRORES compression is, The minute details in the blacks in this shot confuses the heck out of the codec. I can't wait for some of you to see this clip in full 4k this weekend at RED DAY.

Thanks for posting this guys, downloading now.
    Been fretting over lens choices going forward, as I want to get in on this experimental night shooting going on, and maintain max flexibility of focal lengths. This will give me better bearings...
    SAGE P

I don't have a mac at home, will QT play ProRes?
    Writer - Director
    Crowing Lakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    On backorder...

Jim
    Ah. So, will they be compatible with the RED One, or just the DSMC units? Another question might be "Are we to consider the RED One as part of the DSMC lineup?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    You try pulling perfect focus while tracking in (in the dark) at T1.3. :-)

He actually did it once but it wasn't the best take. 3 takes at ISO 2000.

Jim
    I've tried pulling focus in far less difficult situations and still struggle. I have a lot of respect for ACs. :-)

Focus aside (I was merely making sure my eyes are working tonight after three intense days of editing/color correction) I just looked at this on a calibrated monitor and I like what I see very much. Wow! Jim, this looks incredible. Can't wait to get my camera back and start shooting with this new sensor and the new color science. I have a first project already planned for it and can't wait.
    Steve Sherrick

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
    Ah. So, will they be compatible with the RED One, or just the DSMC units? Another question might be "Are we to consider the RED One as part of the DSMC lineup?"
    Touch Focus will be available on Epic and Scarlet only.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    I've tried pulling focus in far less difficult situations and still struggle. I have a lot of respect for ACs. :-)

Focus aside (I was merely making sure my eyes are working tonight after three intense days of editing/color correction) I just looked at this on a calibrated monitor and I like what I see very much. Wow! Jim, this looks incredible. Can't wait to get my camera back and start shooting with this new sensor and the new color science. I have a first project already planned for it and can't wait.
    You just have to promise to post footage from the new sensor. That is part of the upgrade deal (very fine print). See you in Las Vegas, Steve.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    I don't have a mac at home, will QT play ProRes?
    ProRes is of course a Final Cut Studio codec, but if you download the Windows decoder, you can play it on Windows as well...

http://support.apple.com/downloads/A..._0_for_Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Touch Focus will be available on Epic and Scarlet only.
    Ok, that's what I thought...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    As Jim said.. this shot was a focus puller's nightmare. Not only is it dark.. dark dark.. but it is shot wide open and Leo moves.. on top of that, it is also a dolly creep in as well :)

On a side note.. it was also great to finally find a shot that breaks PRORES.. as good as the mighty PRORES compression is, The minute details in the blacks in this shot confuses the heck out of the codec. I can't wait for some of you to see this clip in full 4k this weekend at RED DAY.
    Yeah, even the best ACs are going to struggle with a shot under those circumstances.

It's funny as I'm watching this shot on my HD monitor all I kept thinking about was that I'm only seeing a "ProRes Interpretation" of this shot (which is still pretty good and tells me a lot) and I was imagining that this shot must look incredible when viewed out of RR. You guys are going to make me want to sell my soul to get a 4K theater installed in my house.

Seriously, thanks for putting this out there for us to take a look at!
    Steve Sherrick