Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: LEO @ ISO 2000

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Darge View Post
    Please don't release Scarlet or Epic ASAP... I need to ROI my MX upgrade first.. :)
    Hmm...I don't share your feelings on that. There are a lot of us out here who work in a myriad of non-narrative genres of production, love what we're seeing from the M-X sensor, but are anxiously waiting for the higher frame rates, resolutions, and RedCode levels of Epic, and the "go everywhere with me" utility of Scarlet. To me, the sooner they both arrive, the better :)

Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com
    http://www.artbeats.com/footage/search?fh44=1 (Artbeats Gibby RED Collection)

Banned
    I'm with you Steve. I was just making some fun! I can't wait to be lightweight and portable with high speed 5k too

I knew that...but I just saw a chance to get on a soapbox for a minute :)

The M-X sensor footage looks extraordinary. Gonna be way cool to cut Epic X loose in over-cranked 5k for certain genres...

Then there's the 541,287 uses I'm sure I'll have for Scarlet...

As soon as they're ready, bring 'em on...

Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)

Banned
    As long as it's the latest soapbox with no noise or skew, we're all good .. back on topic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gibby View Post
    Hmm...I don't share your feelings on that. There are a lot of us out here who work in a myriad of non-narrative genres of production, love what we're seeing from the M-X sensor, but are anxiously waiting for the higher frame rates, resolutions, and RedCode levels of Epic, and the "go everywhere with me" utility of Scarlet. To me, the sooner they both arrive, the better :)
    I agree with Steve... while I would love to have the ROI on the upgrade, having the features of Epic will be better and worth the cost. This camera is worth so much more and I do not consider it a loss to purchase the upgrade now and the Epic even if I did not make the full amount of the upgrade between now and then.
    Thanks,
    Eric A. Wahl - cinematographer / colorist
    ericwahl@usa.net
    www.imdb.com/name/nm3469445
    www.imvdb.com/n/eric-a-wahl
    RED EPIC-DRAGON SN#02061

Located at The Brewery Art Colony in Los Angeles, California
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brewery_Art_Colony

Fun times now...and fun times ahead

This is one of the coolest times ever to be in the motion media industry...in large part due to progressive products from forward-thinking companies like Red.

Thanks Red Team...

I'm prepping a pilot that will use Red Ones and we're looking into EX1's and Canon DSLR's for B-roll action shots, something that would be perfect for the Scarlet once it becomes available. I can see the 2/3" fixed-lens Scarlet replacing the EX1 on a lot of shoots for those sorts of shots.
    David Mullen, ASC
    Los Angeles
    http://www.davidmullenasc.com

I hear ya on that David...I totally agree.

Beyond that, I see the fixed lens Scarlets being the A, B, and C cameras for a lot of mobile non-hardlined EFP productions with moderate to small budgets. There's a long list of genres the fixed lens Scarlet should be capable of - especially with matching 2x extender and zoom-through wide converter lenses available for quick add-on and removal.

If they were cars, Epic will be my special occasion ride - and Scarlet will be my everyday ride :)

Personally, I'll start my kits with two fixed lens Scarlet, one Epic X, and one FF35 Scarlet. Then when FF35 Epic is available I'll add in one of those. For others on smaller budgets who don't need the higher frame rates and RedCode levels, a fixed lens Scarlet and a S35 Scarlet should be a great 2-camera kit.

Why do I believe that the S35 Scarlet will produce better results than a Genesis?
    Regards,
    Martin Stevens

President and Founder of Glidecam Industries, Inc.
    Producer and Director at Metaphoric Pictures Corporation.

This reel just shows my 2/3 Fixed to S35 path is going to be perfect :) Two brains to handle everything I want :)
    Rick Burnett
    ASYLUM STUDIO PRODUCTIONS
    Future SCARLET S35 #_______