Thread: Red Lenses

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook Willard View Post
    A lens like this will not have internal NDs.

I've worked with a PL mount cannon 300mm that does actually have a slide in spot for filters on the rear of the lens. It comes with a clear glass in it when you are not using ND's. The lens will not focus properly without a piece of glass in that position. Its the only 300 I know like that though.
    www.finnerknowsbest.com

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me." The HOFF

"you'll be hearing a lot about me over the next couple of decades." The JohnathanLB

Quote Originally Posted by Finner View Post
    I've worked with a PL mount cannon 300mm that does actually have a slide in spot for filters on the rear of the lens. It comes with a clear glass in it when you are not using ND's. The lens will not focus properly without a piece of glass in that position. Its the only 300 I know like that though.
    Nikon does.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/3004af.htm

I don't believe that Nikkon is a cine lens?

I'll Re-phrase Its the only 300mm cine PL mount lens I know of like that.
    www.finnerknowsbest.com

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me." The HOFF

"you'll be hearing a lot about me over the next couple of decades." The JohnathanLB

Quote Originally Posted by Finner View Post
    I was misinterpreting his "internal filters" comment. I thought he was referring to those internal lenses in consumer grade cameras that have a little "ND" switch on the side. I know some people who think that's just how it's done...

So yeah, we weren't on the same page.