Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Other Camera Forum disappears...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    dvxuser.com covers a lot of cameras. I frequented that site for a year before I bought my HVX200.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Coatney View Post
    Good riddance. It was becoming ridiculous. Footage from a Red One and a Canon 5D can seamlessly intercut? What a waste of bandwidth.
    Hi Jeff,

Why ? It's done all the time in the real world.

Stephen
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ruffo View Post
    Aside from perfromance, we must consider that these cams are like semi-portable (and I use the word semi with great generosity) science projects. Weight and tech issues are serious issues on a set, and there a recently updated Red wins hands down.
    Are you saying there has never been a technical on set issue with a Red camera? The new cameras from Arri look quite similar in size to Epic.
    David M had the right idea I think!
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

I for one will miss it. It was a good place to get an quick sense and news of what was happening with other cameras in relation to Red. I wish I had seen JJ's final post. I only saw his pleas in the Arri thread to be respectful. If some people ignored that decent advice it's they that should have been withdrawn, not the forum.

I'm afraid the banning doesn't wear well with the Red brand of open discussion.
    Documentary Filmmaker
    AllinOneFilms.com

5. #45 Gonna miss em' 
    I'd have to agree with David. Seems only fair to weed out the bad apples on the forum who are not contributing constructive and fair criticisms to the debates that take place and instead are causing a nuisance. To take away the abundance of information on there only hurts indie film makers who come here looking for useful information from working pros about the best way to get their project made.

I'd wager that a lot of the people on this forum have taken the plunge into VDSLRs for their pet projects. Talking to pros about the trials and tribulations in the field creates more awareness of the possibilities that Scarlet/Epic are going to open up for indie film makers.

I for one read dvx, c5d, reduser, creative cow etc etc.

I found the information on reduser to be quite useful as it was coming from people with much more experience than those on some of the other forums.

I don't expect Red to HAVE to put it up; but taking it away is a little bit rude IMHO.

It's tough to extend an olive branch of cooperation and mutual respect when you semi-officially run a forum full of trolling the competitors. Unfairly or not REDUser reflects on RED and Jim Jannard.

Trashing on all the other cameras on REDUser just gives the impression that RED publicly is all about being a responsible member of the film community while underhandedly running a little army of brown coats.

You guys seem to think that some kind of "incident" or trouble caused this. That is NOT the case. There was no incident or rudeness or anything like that. There were no "bad apples." Jim simply expressed his desire for us to no longer post about other cameras on his RED forum here. He said the equivalent of "This is REDUSER not NIKONUSER." It's as simple as that.

If Jim invites you to his mansion and asks you not to talk about "X" are you going to sit there and talk about it? No. Same thing.

Let's move on and stop doing this =

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lowe View Post
    Let's move on and stop doing this =
    Agreed.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.