Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: new REDCINE-X feedback

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 new REDCINE-X feedback 
    Goes here.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Is it available for download yet?

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Déraps View Post
    Is it available for download yet?
    See page 2 of "Thoughts and Tips".
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Many thanks Jim

The new REDcolor, REDgamma and FLUTcontrol are so amazing that i can't think of a reason i would use any of the previous colorspaces again.

The FLUTcontrol in particular is a time saver. It does instantly and elegantly what i had to do manually in the past. I also suspect a secret sauce somewhere in the way it manages Mysterium's latitude because the color remains good even in extreme settings.

Overall, a very possitive and exciting advancement! When will we see the new SDK in other software?
    Miltos
    www.pilalitos.com
    EPIC-X #418, RED-MX #1473

just tested the iso settings in combination with red colour and red gamma. i pushed it to iso 5000 used the flut control to bring it down and it looks great. so if i had an underexposed image, would it work the same way? or would it remain fairly grainy. Don't have an example available for testing at the moment so if someone else could try it and let me know...
    Ian Laurie

with flut i have the feeling that suddenly skintones can be held even after heavy cc, like the raw image is more like a tasty bubblegum you can chew on and on without losing the taste.

i am missing frameguides, is it there?
    and is there an on/off button for the applied cc?
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

the pilot i'm Directing right now has witnessed some amazing RED development... just before we started shooting ... 4.5k - I took the chance and went with a Beta - and everything worked. I love it, feel very cinematic right away. shot in Redcode 42. Masterprimes and the works.... including some very big Danish stars...

I made a test blueray of a h.264 "low quality" quicktime, put it on my 100" projector and thought... you kidding me... and it isn't even graded, or in full rez!!! it looked that good.

so now when were almost wrapped (in 2 days), RED releases FLUT and all the new "post" toys... just in time for me to finish on...

Its kindda like buying property at the right time when your investment just gets better and better, with out costing you a thing...

thanks RED... once again.

EDIT: oh totally forgot this was about the new REDcinex... i went monologue"ing"...
    Sidney Lexy Plaut, DFF
    Director of Photography
    www.sidneylexyplaut.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Laurie View Post
    So if i had an underexposed image, would it work the same way? or would it remain fairly grainy. Don't have an example available for testing at the moment so if someone else could try it and let me know...
    The new Colour additions in REDCINE-X have nothing to do with grain i think.

The main concept is to help as preserve as much of the original latitude that was recorded, with better colour rendering even if we move the exposure's middle point.

But i am sure someone can explain it better than me. :)
    Miltos
    www.pilalitos.com
    EPIC-X #418, RED-MX #1473

would be great to have step by step guide of how to use the flut in thoughts thread.
    red is not a color, it's a camera.