Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED DAY

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 RED DAY 
    So I don't know if this is cool with the RED people or not. If it isn't feel free to delete away! I wanted to post some of my pics from the day at RED-Studios Hollywood. Just a few shots of cameras and such. Again, if anyone on the RED team doesn't want these up no harm intended.
    Enjoy

It changes every day, but is always the same: research for Equilibrium.
    I believe that the Image, as the language of Cinema, is formed by the conflict and harmony of the two different elements of life: Light and Darkness.
    Trying to find an Equilibrium between these two opposite forces as I visualize different stories, becomes every day the reason for my creative effort.
    The research of this is my own life.
    -Vittorio Storaro

REEL: http://www.vimeo.com/ericulbrich

Thanks for sharing. Very cool.

It was a bitchen evening! It was great to see everyone.

It was also great to see the form-factors of the Epic and Scarlet. The Epic with a bunch of pro modules in studio mode is a similar length to the red1, and a bit shorter. which is cool.

Most impressive was the MX sensor!!!!! I was blown away! It kicks serious Ass! We got to see and play with R1s with the MX. I cannot wait for that sensor in my cameras. It has WAY BETTER low light sensitivity, way less noise, deep inky blacks, and I was told, a bunch more dynamic range (no testing was done at the event). The versions we saw went to ISO 6400!

I am very stoked about the new kick-ass Red chips/cameras coming our way!

Prost! to Jim and the gang!
    3 Epics! M462, X108, X1266
    Epic 3D Beamsplitter 3D Rig-FIZ controled, 3D S/S rigs, Excellent 8ton G&E Truck!
    2 RedOnes #115 & #3090
    Local 600-D.P.
    www.highimpactpictures.com

fuckin' incredible. I've never seen a camera with such an impressive noise floor. Its amazing to see the image in the viewfinder vs the actual luminance value of the scene. ASA 800 flawless, ASA 1250 Superb, ASA 4000 also superb and even ASA 6400 is quite impressive. Think like an 800 ASA filmstock, nice and gritty. Therese something about the filmic quality of it. The image actually feels like film.
    I believe that the Image, as the language of Cinema, is formed by the conflict and harmony of the two different elements of life: Light and Darkness.
    Trying to find an Equilibrium between these two opposite forces as I visualize different stories, becomes every day the reason for my creative effort.
    -Vittorio Storaro

Banned
    And this is exactly why the next Red Day should be held in Sydney

Nice! I wish I was there.

ISO is so important now it's crazy to see Red grab this bull by the horns. They stepped up on ISO, plain and simple

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lowe View Post
    ISO is so important now it's crazy to see Red grab this bull by the horns. They stepped up on ISO, plain and simple
    Big time on that for sure...
    -Vittorio Storaro

I did not see an Epic or Scarlet actually working. They might have been protos. Did anyone else see an Epic or Scarlet powered up?
    3 Epics! M462, X108, X1266
    Epic 3D Beamsplitter 3D Rig-FIZ controled, 3D S/S rigs, Excellent 8ton G&E Truck!
    2 RedOnes #115 & #3090
    Local 600-D.P.
    www.highimpactpictures.com

All Protos. The only working models were existing R-1's with M-X sensors. I was told they had most of the bits in them tho.
    -Vittorio Storaro

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Achtel View Post
    And this is exactly why the next Red Day should be held in Sydney

Nice! I wish I was there.
    Wishful thinking my friend! I'll send a full report home after the Feb event.

I'll run my FLIP dry and feed you as much as I can online.