Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red charger problem. on/off switch working, fan, leds and ac out not working.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red charger problem. on/off switch working, fan, leds and ac out not working. 
    Hi Guys,

I Came back last night from a commercial shoot. During the shoot I used the red charger the entire day and had no problems with it. Last night I put two empty red batteries on the charger and went to bed. When I woke up both batteries where fully charged, but the charger itself was 'quiet' (no fan/no leds/...) but the light in the on/off switch still works, which makes me think it's not a fuse problem.

When I put other batteries on the charger, nothing happened. It has been like that for 4 hours or something. I checked with red batteries, globalmediapro batteries, but nothing. I also checked the AC out and that is also not working.

I thought, before contacting Red or a repair shop, I would ask if anyone else had the same problem or knows what the problem could be and if we could fix it ourself.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just noticed this is probably in the wrong section and should be in the Bugs / Problems / Help! section. Sorry, I spend much time here, but am not a regular poster.
    Kobe Van Steenberghe
    "No worries, only rockin'!"

a team productions BVBA
    Office @ Brussels (Belgium)

www.ateamproductions.be

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    Please file a support ticket under www.red.com/support to reach technical support directly.

BC

Thank you for the fast reply Brent!

I thought, before filling a support ticket, I would ask on here. Maybe it's a minor problem and then it would be easier to fix ourself, because the US is a bit far ;-)

We will probably let a technician take a look at it one of these days. We also have other chargers, so were not panicking (yet).
    Kobe Van Steenberghe
    "No worries, only rockin'!"

a team productions BVBA
    Office @ Brussels (Belgium)

www.ateamproductions.be

Quote Originally Posted by kobevs View Post
    Thank you for the fast reply Brent!

I thought, before filling a support ticket, I would ask on here. Maybe it's a minor problem and then it would be easier to fix ourself, because the US is a bit far ;-)

We will probably let a technician take a look at it one of these days. We also have other chargers, so were not panicking (yet).
    Well, it's probably worth sending it to RED's base in Pinewood, UK, if they are able to repair it there. If it's out of warranty then get a local electronic engineer to look at it.
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

The same happened with my RED charger 2 weeks after my original one was replaced with brand new at the RED upgrade program....

Yes, mine just died in the same way as well.