Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Ollei View Post
    friend, if there is a will, there is always a way. get a part time job, work night hours, and i guarantee you, when may/june rolls around, you will easily be able to cover that 25% price increase. i myself have been selling all my non-essential gear to cover the costs of a scarlet configuration.

Red team/Jim, thanks for this great news!
    Too right!

I sympathise, believe me, but with an attitude like that you will get NOWHERE as a filmmaker. Do you think these people who can afford the current Red cameras/workflow do so by some miracle, or some blind luck? No. They have worked HARD to get in a position where they can afford such things, and be in a position to work with such equipment on a daily basis.

And no, I don't own a Red, and won't be able to afford a scarlet for a while. But, I raised $20,000 over the last few years, and I am filming a short film in February set on/in a beautiful location, with a fantastic story/screenplay and actors and also will be using a Red one.

These things don't happen by chance, you have to work relentlessly for it. If you want it enough, it will happen.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Twelves View Post
    So just to verify, is the 8X Fixed a "fixed" mount, as in you cannot swap out the 8X Lens with an Electronic mount for RED/Nikon/Canon? Or is it just a fixed 8X lens and you can upgrade later? The 8X Fixed kit is awfully tempting, especially if you could just slap on a $500 electronic mount later on...
    If you check out the october 30th announcement thread, you will see a picture of the lens for the 8x fixed scarlet, and it should make it very clear why you will not be able to "swap" out anything when it comes to the glass. That's where the interchangeable model comes in.

Later,
    Jason
    Landmine Media

Forgive me if I missed this, or am being blind but is the fixed only available as a kit now rather than the option...

I find it funny that many are bitching about the $4750 price for the fixed. You have 7-8 months to save up for the cost difference ( hell I could eBay some junk and old cameras to come up with $2000 easy in 7 months ). How the hell are you going to make a feature length film if $2,000 is a deal breaker? I remember paying $6,000 for two 9 gig hard drives for my Newtek Flyer back in the 90's for christ sake people. 19 gigs of hard-drive...$6,000 on a credit card. Hate to think what it came to total after the cards were paid off lol, not. I didn't think a Redmote would come with the fixed anyway so for all the extra items you are getting it is still a great deal at the current price point. For those who can't afford it you can go out and get a refurbished HV30 for $479 from Canon but please don't sit here and bitch about items you can not afford because in the long run if you minus what comes with the fixed Scarlet, RED only increased the Scarlet Brain by $250 which is nothing for what you are getting. I'm totally stoked : )

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hole View Post
    Forgive me if I missed this, or am being blind but is the fixed only available as a kit now rather than the option...
    It would seem the fixed ships with everything needed (except CF cards) to shoot right out the box. Why would you want it any other way?

Can anything on the Fixed Complete Kit be removable? Like the RedMote for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ramsey View Post
    If you check out the october 30th announcement thread, you will see a picture of the lens for the 8x fixed scarlet, and it should make it very clear why you will not be able to "swap" out anything when it comes to the glass. That's where the interchangeable model comes in.

Later,
    Jason
    Figured it was worth confirming, just to be 100% sure

i know this may sound like a noob question but i think i might be missing something as alot of people seem very concerned about the fixed lens being fixed. Im assuming lens adapters are going to be an option with the fixed?
    story, story, story, and lots of hard work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hole View Post
    The technology that is going into the EVF. It is a digital monitoring system afterall.
    It's all about perception I"m sure he wouldn't look twice at a 2009 / 2010 car mint condition for $8000, it's all about our value system.

Funny how we spend more money on rent and living that giving our bodies the care they need.

I say if you make 8k-15k on projects get a EVF, if you aren't in that range hold off.

can you pimp the fixed scarlet? getting a bigger LCD or buying the redmote pro for example?