Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 107 of 144 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1434
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    Let me pull focus with turntables, or I will find a way to sue you!

ROFL
    Seconded.

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
    Are you asking if Red will rehouse it and offer it as a optional zoom lens for the 2/3" interchangeable?
    nope :)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Soule View Post
    (Just want to be totally clear on this, since the 8X Fixed is a special beast at a special price, it's a little different from the rest of the DSMC system.)

The price on the 8X Fixed is so good (even with the increase) I just want to be sure of this point - all the included accessories are the same as the ones I'd buy if I was equipping an interchangeable lens model, right? No issues I'd have to deal with when I upgrade the body and lens?
    Hey Karl! Welcome to REDUser.

It's my understanding that all of the modules are interchangeable. But I'm not sure what you mean re: upgrading the lens as it is a Fixed Zoom (not interchangeable).

Good to see you on here! All the best to you and your family!

Gimme a call sometime and we'll catch up...

This may have been asked before but I was wondering if would could see a photo of all four sides of both the 2/3" cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Podlesnik View Post
    Per Ed and Brian's exchange, are we assuming that 28MB/sec is the data rate floor. Can it be lower?

I see the Red Drive available for $900. Since it holds 640 GB, looks like one might be able to get 380.95 minutes (6.3 hours) off of this drive at 28MB/sec. Will this Red Drive support faster frame rates? Is this a viable solution
    ?
    REDCODE records at a fairly consistent bitrate no matter what size frame you have chosen or framerate. This is why the increase to REDCODE 36 (from 28) most obviously benefitted higher framerate shooting (more bits per frame.)

Yes, a Red Drive will work with Scarlet. Yes it is fast enough to record REDCODE 28 (and also REDCODE 36). You can choose whatever resolution and framerate you want for that bitrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd M. View Post
    REDCODE records at a fairly consistent bitrate no matter what size frame you have chosen or framerate. This is why the increase to REDCODE 36 (from 28) most obviously benefitted higher framerate shooting (more bits per frame.)

Yes, a Red Drive will work with Scarlet. Yes it is fast enough to record REDCODE 28 (and also REDCODE 36). You can choose whatever resolution and framerate you want for that bitrate.
    But can we record redcode 42 with this and sustain 120 fps? thats what im wondering because id much rather have just one drive then piles of cf cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Coatney View Post
    I'd like to see a three-lens turret option on the Scarlet 2/3" that accepts the mini-primes. This shouldn't interfere with the board stack, right? It probably wouldn't interfere with the cooling system duct. Anyway, I think it would be a desirable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    heh heh heh..... turrets....
    mini-turret, you complete me.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy_Sawatzky View Post
    But can we record redcode 42 with this and sustain 120 fps? thats what im wondering because id much rather have just one drive then piles of cf cards.
    It's my understanding that the ol' Red Drive is essentially a mechanical RAID drive (with all the limitations, liabilities, vulnerabilities to shock, vibration, etc, therein), while the planned SSD drive will be faster and less prone to interruption from vibration, etc. My plan is to get the Scarlet fixed, then work up to the 5" LCD monitor and SSD drive. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Green View Post
    mini-turret, you complete me.
    Yeah, the old 16mm Bell and Howell 70-D (indestructable tank) wind-up cameras, which I used in college back in the late 70's/early 80's, had turrets on them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Podlesnik View Post
    Yeah, the old 16mm Bell and Howell 70-D (indestructable tank) wind-up cameras, which I used in college back in the late 70's/early 80's, had turrets on them as well.
    I'm quite fond of my '67 turret-front crank-equipped Konvas:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_jackson/3340289653/