Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 77 of 144 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caesare View Post
    Out of curiosity, why not a RJ45 for GigE?
    Space and connector reliability - EtherCon is a great system used widely but the shell is much larger.
    Cail Young
    Problem Solver
    Inspiration Studios, Melbourne, Australia

I'm guessing that the UI image may be a mock-up. The histogram seems a little off and the RGB traffic signal is saying that the Red channel is peaking.

While we're at it, the red bar above the aperture, does that indicate which function is active for the ring on the fixed lens or the knob on the REDMOTE Pro (or whatever controller is being used)?
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I'm guessing that the UI image may be a mock-up. The histogram seems a little off and the RGB traffic signal is saying that the Red channel is peaking.

While we're at it, the red bar above the aperture, does that indicate which function is active for the ring on the fixed lens or the knob on the REDMOTE Pro (or whatever controller is being used)?
    Yes and yes.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caesare View Post
    Thanks for the pic and explanation.

Out of curiosity, why not a RJ45 for GigE?

-sc
    I thought the same thing. Yes, RJ45's are delicate and not really made for hundreds of insertion cycles, but at the same time they are the standard and you can rebuild them on set with simple tools. In my experience, the RJ45 jacks (female) are quite robust, it is just the plugs that are semi-disposable. There is something to be said for using cables you can buy at the local office supply store.

Having an expensive Lemo that connects to an RJ45 adaptor simply moves the problem further down the cable.

For example, has anyone here ever seen a Phantom camera that didn't have, somewhere in its mess of cables, an RJ45 coupler/adaptor to make it work? Now there's a cable kludge that does NOT handle the rigors of a typical film shoot. Help us get away from that, Red!

PS - I have already seen one facility that has plans for using the Ethernet file access capabilities of the new cameras in a unique way.

Hey, there's Jim. Hi Jim! Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Jeff Kilgroe; 12-01-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Yes and yes.

Jim
    Jim! Welcome back. We missed you.

Jarred's been filling us in, hope he didn't spill too many beans...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Elkington View Post
    Fishing for a job? ;)
    I was just being fanciful with the whole Beryllium thing. I had heard about the health risks Mr. Kilgroe pointed out. Apparently, even the people living in the vicinity of the Brush Wellman plant are at risk. I've just always been interested in metallurgy. Seriously though, if they start with forged Al, maybe one of the 7000 series alloys, and machine that, it ought to be quite rigid and strong but still light. Sorry you used to work at a risky nuclear site Mr. Kilgroe. I hope you are in a better, and more comfortable, job now.
    Last edited by Jeremy W; 12-01-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Yes and yes.

Jim
    welcome back from the RED Bunker!

Just have to say thanks! This is all just overwhelmingly cool!

Absolutely mind blowing stuff...
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

[QUOTE=Jarred Land;518156]

Lens is F2.4, T2.6. (And Incredible)
    /QUOTE]

Jarred, do you mean that the maximum aperture changes from 2.4 to 2.6 as you zoom?

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    Jim! Welcome back. We missed you.

Jarred's been filling us in, hope he didn't spill too many beans...
    Jarred did such a good job in my absence that I'm going to share Recon with him from now on.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.