Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 76 of 144 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Sorry if this is answered somewhere else (or in one of the 40 pages of discussion I have not read yet)...

Jarred: So it sounds like the REDMOTE that comes with the fixed is Wireless?!? Awesome if true - I can think of 100's of reasons why that would be uber-useful. On the photo it's shown mounted on the back. Does it snap off of that module for wireless use? Is the REDMOTE PRO also wireless?
    All REDMOTEs are wireless yes.. it clicks onto the back of the brain, or onto the back of each module :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart English View Post
    So from left to right that is -

Headphones. HDMI. RS422. Sync (Video and Shutter). Gigabit Ethernet. D.C Power in.
    Thanks for the pic and explanation.

Out of curiosity, why not a RJ45 for GigE?

-sc

That new UI is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen on a piece of equipment like this.

Props to whomever at red designed this!
    Casey Schendel
    "Pick a job you love & you'll never work a day in your life"

Young Cinematographer

www.caseyschendel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz M. View Post
    22. 3-axis internal motion sensor and GPS latitude / longitude data
    In addition to the lat/long will the gps time also be recorded? Is this data recorded on a per frame basis? Is red willing to disclose what rate sensor part is they are using so we might be able to get some more detailed specs on it? Is the lens data also recorded (focal length, focus setting, aperture, etc)?
    23. True Shutter Sync In/Out and Genlock
    By 'True Shutter Sync', does this mean that when we trigger the camera externally (from ttl signal?) that the entire frame begins integration at the same time or is there any sort of rolling shutter (electronic or otherwise)? Does the Sync In trigger the start of integration or does the duration of the pulse also determine the integration time (i.e. do we have external realtime control over integration time)?

Are these various capabilities applicable to all the scarlet/epic cameras? Are these capabilities built into the brain or some other module (e.g. Pro I/O)?
    Additionally, the price for the Scarlet S35 remained unchanged (so far). Is it safe to assume the estimated price on the FF35 will also remain unchanged? Is there any other information remaining/expected for the FF35?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caesare View Post
    Probably because a standard RJ45 jack isn't very robust with the 8 thin exposed wires inside it. This does make a lot of sense to use a LEMO, but...
    Last edited by Jeff Kilgroe; 12-01-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

Can we see the original video that the is in the UI please????

Space and connector reliability - EtherCon is a great system used widely but the shell is much larger.
    Cail Young
    Problem Solver
    Inspiration Studios, Melbourne, Australia

I'm guessing that the UI image may be a mock-up. The histogram seems a little off and the RGB traffic signal is saying that the Red channel is peaking.

While we're at it, the red bar above the aperture, does that indicate which function is active for the ring on the fixed lens or the knob on the REDMOTE Pro (or whatever controller is being used)?
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I'm guessing that the UI image may be a mock-up. The histogram seems a little off and the RGB traffic signal is saying that the Red channel is peaking.

While we're at it, the red bar above the aperture, does that indicate which function is active for the ring on the fixed lens or the knob on the REDMOTE Pro (or whatever controller is being used)?
    Yes and yes.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Thanks for the pic and explanation.

-sc
    I thought the same thing. Yes, RJ45's are delicate and not really made for hundreds of insertion cycles, but at the same time they are the standard and you can rebuild them on set with simple tools. In my experience, the RJ45 jacks (female) are quite robust, it is just the plugs that are semi-disposable. There is something to be said for using cables you can buy at the local office supply store.

Having an expensive Lemo that connects to an RJ45 adaptor simply moves the problem further down the cable.

For example, has anyone here ever seen a Phantom camera that didn't have, somewhere in its mess of cables, an RJ45 coupler/adaptor to make it work? Now there's a cable kludge that does NOT handle the rigors of a typical film shoot. Help us get away from that, Red!

PS - I have already seen one facility that has plans for using the Ethernet file access capabilities of the new cameras in a unique way.