Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #561 B4 lenses - power and start stop trigger 
    Is there a dedicated power out for lens power or can there be a cable adaptor option for power to B4 lenses.
    Both of the I/O modules include the same 10-pin AUX connector as found on the RED-ONE.

So power and Record Start / Stop and Playback Last Clip triggers are available from there.
    Workflow Wizard

Senior Member Radoslav Karapetkov's Avatar
    Great news, can't wait to get my little Scarlet.
    EveryOne is the One...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Touch to lock focus... if she has a face, you can use face tracking, or if not you can use the traditional focus points.
    Wow that's nice facial recognition...

In the Redmote Pro display it says "4K RAW" while mounted on a fixed scarlet... Is it still 3K or has that changed too? :)

Mathias

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #565 REDmote PRO 
    In the Redmote Pro display it says "4K RAW" while mounted on a fixed scarlet... Is it still 3K or has that changed too? :)
    It's a render of a REDmote PRO which can also be used on the other cameras, so no Scarlet 2/3" is still a 3K camera ..
    Workflow Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Lequeux View Post
    Wow, did I miss this earlier on an other thread?

Big deal when (I think) the last we heard was f/2.8 yet Jarred throws it in like chump change. So much going on, such insane cameras at such insane prices...
    Actually, the last we heard was T2.4, so this is a small step backwards.

On a side note, there was a fair amount of speculation on this forum, given the substantial module prices released on October 30, as to whether there would still be a kit configuration. I think it's interesting that the only price for the fixed is the kit price. Or did I miss the brain-only price? There will undoubtedly be those who want to configure their fixed differently and would rather not buy modules they don't need (e.g., 2.8-inch LCD).

Quote Originally Posted by Deanan View Post
    Rocket will accelerate the R3D side of the decode/debayer/color/scaling. :)
    Understood. Just hoping for a roadmap for hardware accelerated 4K RRD encoding. I'm fairly confident that's a SLOW "software only" encode with that much lossless quality in that tiny weenie bitrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Bansbach View Post
    On a side note, there was a fair amount of speculation on this forum, given the substantial module prices released on October 30, as to whether there would still be a kit configuration. I think it's interesting that the only price for the fixed is the kit price. Or did I miss the brain-only price? There will undoubtedly be those who want to configure their fixed differently and would rather not buy modules they don't need (e.g., 2.8-inch LCD).
    If there wasnt a REDmote Pro, Id be sold on the fixed package for a starting point. However. Im betting those badboys get backordered like nobodies business and I dont want to miss out. Guess Ill just have to go interchageable. Unless you can buy the fixedbrain on its own?
    EPIC-X #7166
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Am I correct in thinking the Redmote (Not Pro) is about the size of an Ipod Touch, just a little thicker?

We're all pro's here, so we would never do trivial stuff with our camera's - but say that I didn't feel like rendering for a week for a hypothetical birthday party movie. Would the 720p and 1080p scaled recording modes be my friend? Have those been debayered? That was the really expensive bit, right? Or do I still need a RedRocket to get the data at anywhere near realtime from the r3d?