Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 44 of 144 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Chase Gordon View Post
    Just curious.
    i believe jarred said earlier it would be 77mm let me check

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    yes.. you can use tele/wide extenders on the fixed if you choose. It has a standard 77mm threaded ring on the front to allow.

If that still makes you feel restricted, that is why we also offer the Interchangeable lens version of the 2/3rds Scarlet.

check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bozulich View Post
    Sad news. Now Scarlet fixed-lens is completely unaffordable for me! Nice idea to increase the cost by over 25% in this crap economy. Oh well, now I can safely move on without having to wonder if I might be able to afford one. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant camera, it's just not one I (and thousands of others) will be able to afford. Looks like students and low budget filmmakers (NOT PROS) will carry on Red-free. If you're a professional filmmaker (i.e. you make money with your films) you need not reply. I'm addressing those of us without deep pockets to afford such gear. Sad times indeed. Perhaps some day Jim will get back to that camera for the 'soccer moms' (i.e 'the rest of us').
    I work a bit in Stock footage and stills, and the soccer moms are killing the stock stills industry with all the stuff they shoot on their Canon Rebels from Costco stuffed into Istockphoto and other micro sites. Frankly, I hope the Soccer moms can't afford it. They certainly won't be able to use it as well as the rest of us. A little exclusivity is a nice thing now days. For all that Scarlet delivers it is dirt cheap. Nothing in the 2/3" world will look better, not even $100K Sonys.
    Andersen Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Epic rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.markshoots.com

Well, I applaud the people at Red, I just love the current Scarlet offers.
    I'm really interested in hearing more about the touch focus lcds.

I just hope that the Dollar/Euro rate will stay the same (or evolve in an even better rate for the Euro ) cause at the current rate Fixed Scarlet package is a small bit more than 3000 euro. Which still means I'll be able to buy two Scarlets.

Thank you Red, you just made my day

Quote Originally Posted by J Davis View Post
    Great work team RED ... but what's the focal length range and maximum aperture for the fixed ? ? ?
    Looked everywhere ... or are these specs still a secret?
    I am gonna GUESS! 12-100mm T3.... O.K. maybe 10-80mm T3
    Andersen Studios Inc.
    Film Production and Stock Footage
    Epic rentals and other goodies at
    www.utahcinevideo.com
    www.markshoots.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bozulich View Post
    Sad news. Now Scarlet fixed-lens is completely unaffordable for me! Nice idea to increase the cost by over 25% in this crap economy. Oh well, now I can safely move on without having to wonder if I might be able to afford one. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant camera, it's just not one I (and thousands of others) will be able to afford. Looks like students and low budget filmmakers (NOT PROS) will carry on Red-free. If you're a professional filmmaker (i.e. you make money with your films) you need not reply. I'm addressing those of us without deep pockets to afford such gear. Sad times indeed. Perhaps some day Jim will get back to that camera for the 'soccer moms' (i.e 'the rest of us').
    A 25 percent increase made it beyond reach? I cant afford one even at the 3750 price... so thats why I am making it a distant goal. I'm a beginning event videographer shooting on 11 year old Canon Xl1's. I have to work fulltime besides the business... But if I were able to afford the Scarlet at the pre-raised price, then an extra grand would mean charging an extra 50 to 75 bucks per job between now and summer 010. Seriously, dude, you obviously don't want the camera that bad if it went from affordable to unaffordable.

Now me, I need 5 grand. 5 grand i can't afford.

RED team, you made my day, too!

It's so tough deciding between fixed or interchangable....

Thanks!

just sell your blood twice a week for 25 bucks a pint. thats 200 a month

in 25 months youll have the 5 grand

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Osinski View Post
    just sell your blood twice a week for 25 bucks a pint. thats 200 a month

in 25 months youll have the 5 grand
    oh and I'm not even kidding, its good money, and it supports a good cause.

I would do it but the time it takes to drive to the center give blood and come back I would be averaging less than 10 bucks an hour which makes it more worth it to me to just go to my shit job 6 hours more per week

The Kit should forever be known as "The Soccer Mom Special".
    And I can't wait to get mine.