Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 144 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
  1. #411 What the Flut? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Do we know wtf FLUT means yet? Is it floating-point LUT or Film LUT or ...?
    appears to be F 4 floating point...

there's a little thread goin on about it...
    http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37167

Really? So does that mean the final shipping versions of all the new RED gear will have their names printed in white right on the units? It's like each piece of equipment just screams, I AM BOMB EVF or I AM RED STATION... :)
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

well what would you do if you were a little piece of awesome electronics?

Thanks for the update! I don't know if this has been said already or not, but it's going to be fun going through airport security with an EFV with the world bomb on it... especially in such nice big letters... and you'd better be careful when you're listing off what's in your bag LOL

Colin

My wife's birthday is May 15... Nothing would make her happier than receiving that 8X Scarlet. I'm sure of it.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - EPIC-M Package Available! Over 1TB SSD media, RPP's & more.

List of all current RED software tools.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Osinski View Post
    Hey Jarred, I am on a roll, so why not throw me a bone and answer any of these for me that you can

1) how much will the mini pl mount cost ...or at least how much do you expect
    It will be less than the electronic mounts. (which are $500 each )

2) is the price variance for battery modules have to do with which batteries it comes with?
    There are some options in there that we will talk about soon.. not only different batteries, but different modules.

3) the picture of the redmotepro in the announcement said 4k raw on it. Was that a redmotepro on another model, or is the 2/3" surprise specification from #21 that we now get 4k?
    The REDMOTE was designed first for the EPIC brain.. so the Epic info screen was on it. No 4k on the fixed 8x.

4) I have no intention of buying 2/3" fixed but for shits and giggles how is it that it comes with no side handle or battery module? Does the camera brain for fixed now come with a slot for a single redvolt?
    The 8X fixed package deal is a up-and-shoot package, and unfortunately by announcement time it was still a little too early to lock down which option we can include for power so we left it off the list for now.. don't worry, we will let you know soon.

5)what kind of connectors are those exactly on the front of the brains for audio?
    3.5mm jacks....Each input is balanced or unbalanced mono microphone level input as well as 48V phantom power.

thanks man, im trying to find facts and stick to them as much as possible so please help me out
    my pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dunant View Post
    If I remember correctly, you put your finger on the touch screen and the camera will focus on that point. The subject moves, you move your finger with the subject to keep her in focus.
    Huh? What about when I keep the subject roughly in the center of the frame by paning to follow her movement? Will the camera automatically adjust focus, or do I have to keep my finger on the screen?

I'm not sure I'm getting the advantage of this approach, not say there isn't one (of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Ha Ha our chief EVF engineer had the same complaint :) We liked the name though.. so we are keeping it. Nothing a little gaffer tape wont fix going through customs if you are really worried about it. :)
    Thats not a good solution,

So your saying to hide the word "BOMB" on the EVF at the risk of them discovering that I'm hiding it, what are they to assume and how am I supposed to explain this to the FAA? This could be a large mistake to make. I'd say listen to your EVF guy, you guys pay him for a reason right?

I can't be the only person that see's this.
    Peace,
    Darren Orange
    CEO / Producer
    Chicago, IL
    Reactor 88 Studios
    W: www.r88s.com / www.bnwmovie.com / www.inspectresmovie.com
    E: reactor88@r88s.com
    Twitter
    www.twitter.com/Darren_Orange
    www.twitter.com/R88S

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Ciccoline View Post
    Would the 2/3 Scarlet with Mini Primes (or even fixed lens for that matter) have depth of field similar to 35mm with larger lenses, or will it be more along the lines of what conventional video cameras with similar sized sensors are capable of?
    That is the same question I have. First post here but have been reading for quite some time. These announcements are quite impressive. Looking forward to getting a Scarlet in the near future. This question may just decide which version I will be going with.

Thanks,
    Flugo

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
    Huh? What about when I keep the subject roughly in the center of the frame by paning to follow her movement? Will the camera automatically adjust focus, or do I have to keep my finger on the screen?

I'm not sure I'm getting the advantage of this approach, not say there isn't one (of course).
    Touch to lock focus... if she has a face, you can use face tracking, or if not you can use the traditional focus points.