Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 144 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannick Sadler View Post
    I highly doubt that the precision would be enough for VFX matchmaking needs for final compositing. However, data stream may be OK for realtime rough 3D composite preview while shooting on-set.
    I use my iPhone to measure the camera tilt angle all the time for high-end VFX on big budget jobs. When properly calibrated it is just as accurate as my $650 digital inclinometer.

A built-in accelerometer would be even more accurate by removing the variable of "was the measuring device positioned in exactly the same way for each measurement."

As far as WAAS-augmented GPS, surveyors use it to align bridges and buildings within millimeters. If your FX guys can't adapt to small errors like that then you are using the wrong FX guys.

Cine Magic's Revolution Lens System uses something they call a mini-PL mount. is it the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_B View Post
    I second the question about servo controlled zoom. Is this there or a currently planned option on the fixed or any of the REDmini primes?
    I am 99.9% sure the fixed lens is already servo controlled. You have the option of controlling the ring electronically, and set it to either zoom, focus or iris. I assume when one thing is set you control the others through the redmote or handle

edit: also the mini-primes will be totally manual, Jarred already said this

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Osinski View Post
    I plan on buying a an adapter ring from whitehouseaudiovisual.com for 400 for each of the 2 zooms I plan on buying which are the 12-240 and 9.5-57. They are very big lenses and I want a robust mount.
    I will probably wind up doing the same for my Cooke 9-50 and Angie 12-240. Most of the other lenses I have are C-mount anyway. But if you could make a screw on C to mini-red bayonet adapter it would make a c-mount zoom a viable companion to the mini-primes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent J. Craig View Post
    As far as WAAS-augmented GPS, surveyors use it to align bridges and buildings within millimeters. If your FX guys can't adapt to small errors like that then you are using the wrong FX guys.
    I've got my doubts. The antennas and time frames for surveyors to get sufficiently accurate measurements on a camera scale aren't at 48fps.

I've seen the GPS units they use and they are larger than an epic.

I predict 1m accuracy at 10fps.

So why can't the Interchangeable Scarlet be offered in the same package as the Fixed? Has this been answered before?

Why does the camera with no lens work out to cost more than the one that comes with a lens? Is there a list that compares the fixed and interchangeable prices differences? First off I'm going to guess the lens isn't the only difference.

Can somebody smarter than me clear this up?

(BTW this is NOT a complaint, I'm very pleased with the announcement)

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Osinski View Post
    I am 99.9% sure the fixed lens is already servo controlled. You have the option of controlling the ring electronically, and set it to either zoom, focus or iris. I assume when one thing is set you control the others through the redmote or handle
    correcto... and you can use those rings on the normal REDMOTE, Side Handle or the REDMOTE PRO to handle either of the rings (Z,I,F) as well.

All truly superb news.
    Jarred: for those of us with existing 2/3" glass who'd like to have the option to occasionally use the baby Scarlet for ENG/EFP style work, will there be a way to mount B4 lenses? Admittedly the image quality is inferior to primes, but there are plenty of times where I use the full 18x range of a B4 zoom (or even 36x with extender).

I'll take you up on the offer to see the new lenses on a projector... will be in CA soon & will call about that. Thanks for all the hard work, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin_B View Post
    Also how about that lovely OLED display on the lens design you showed us last time round. Is that coming across the the fixed or REDmini's?
    there has been no mention of it or sign of that on either fixed lens or mini primes, and if it was going to be I think they would have told us today.

I think the oled you are referring to is only going to be on the RED Electronic lenses which I dont know if they have said when they are coming out and I am pretty sure will be for s35mm or ff35mm sensors

Quote Originally Posted by Brent J. Craig View Post
    Cine Magic's Revolution Lens System uses something they call a mini-PL mount. is it the same?
    The S1-2K has a Mini PL mount available as well. No idea if this is the exactly the same though.