Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: November 30th Announcement Feedback

Closed Thread
Page 32 of 144 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hole View Post
    I'm unsure whether it was part of the planning, that at this point in the list something really important should go here. I can picture Jarred or Jim planning the list. Its not just thrown together in any old order... Ha!!

Then again it could be something super special...like the ability to overlay images for frame matching etc...

[I will shut up about that one day!!!]
    Heh heh previous scene frame overlay is in Epic :)

#21 is much more special than that...

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Twelves View Post
    Forgive my ignore here - 1, are the Mini Primes electronically-controlled, and 2, is the Mini PL mount a separate Electronic mount than listed on today's post? (RED/Nikon/Canon for $500/ea). Thanks! Looking forward to seeing some footage! I can't tell you how excited I am over all your guy's hard work :)

Edit: Ah, just saw the line "New digital design...REDmini Mount". Safe to assume that the REDmini Mount is a $500 Electronically-controlled Mini PL-mount?
    Not electronically controlled.. the Mini Prime Lenses ( and mount ) are manually controlled. The Digital Design refers to the optical design being designed and optimized specifically for our digital sensor and it's pixel pitch and OLPF combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

Now I'm curious, when will #21 be discussed?

That is so good ass news...although I note by the lack of the words 'Scarlet' next to EPIC means it not a feature in the Scarlet...ah well no biggy, for the big FX stuff I will be using an EPIC anyway.

So #21 really is something special (not just a coffee ring around the hardcopy) - Mind you RED don't do analogue its all digital so i'm guessing RED is paperless!!!

If not you better come up with something pretty dang special now.

im presuming when Q is out of the red cave and done creating gadgets for the day we will find out
    story, story, story, and lots of hard work.

What does the lens on the fixed scarlet stop down to? Also are the zoom and focus manual or servo controlled? If one was to purchase the 2/3" or S35 brain what other modules would they need to get the camera up and running?

7. #317 Lenses and follow focus... 
    Hi Jarred and Red Team...

How good is the fixed 8X lens to be used with a follow focus?
    The fixed lens is f2.8?

Do the mini red primes breathe? Have you tested with a follow focus?

Thanks

My last film was shot on 16mm and the just the digital transfer to DVCAM cost me $4,100. At no time am I going to bitch about the Fixed 8X price. It is a bargain people. Welcome to the reel world. I'm happy to be dropping film cost and lab bills from my work flow but that is just me. As I do model FX work I'm looking forward to shooting at 120-150 FPS without worrying about how much film we are burning each take!

RE:It would be cool if there was a starter bundle for those of us who would want an interchangeable as opposed to fixed
    I think that is called the $2750 Brain only : ) and build as you go...

Quote Originally Posted by jchema View Post
    What does the lens on the fixed scarlet stop down to? Also are the zoom and focus manual or servo controlled?

i was also wondering this?
    story, story, story, and lots of hard work.

What is "Touch Focus Tracking" and how does it compare w/ auto focus? Thanks much.