Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Hangs at 99% on long files

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Hangs at 99% on long files 
    Rendering out some pretty massively long takes, and RocketCineX hangs at 99%, drops almost all of it's CPU usage, and sits there for 10 or so minutes (without updating the file on the disk) before closing the file and (sometimes) moving on to the next clip. What's it doing?

The interface stays active, doesn't seem frozen, just stops rendering at 99%.
    _mike

"One for a meal, One for the reel, or One to learn something"

I'm assuming this is when it's writing the audio portion of the file. Which of course is horribly out of sync.
    _mike

This is the first time I've been had to deal with VERY long takes (1:30+ in length, 2K) Running into all kinds of weird bugs.

1) Lots oh hanging, as mentioned above hanging at the end of a clip, then the program actually freezes about 20-30% through the next clip and stays there till I restart the computer.

2) if the clip actually does render out the audio slips over the course of the take to the point the audio leeds the video by about 5 seconds. This is fixable by taking the audio from the proxy quicktimes (which are in sync) and combining it with my render output.
    _mike

4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #4  
    Please email me the log, what filesystem, codec, audio channels, and any other details (BTW, we can support you better if you contact us directly first with support issues as we have in the past)
    Last edited by Deanan; 11-27-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Deanan,

As always you personally go above and beyond when it comes to solving issues and being generally exceptional. It makes a huge difference to me that there is someone like you on the other end of the coding process making things great for us.

My reasons for posting these sort of errors publicly are based on the fact that this stuff is all new. New software, New hardware, and every day large groups of new RedUsers.
    With each of these new things come new "Quirks" and for every post by an annoying pixel monkey like myself there are probably 15 other people having the same issue but not posting about it.

Combine that with the fact that this stuff is so new that there is not any documentation (nor should there be at this point) and you have a recipe for all kinds of grumbling and red bashing by those that don't frequent or participate in the forums. By Being open about solving problems and bringing them up in a public forum we essentially are creating a WIKI for the product, to hopefully smooth out life for everyone who follows us.

I can't say it enough how you have addressed issues I've had with the utmost care and professionalism. However it might be a waste of your time to jump on something that only I was experiencing, hence why a public forum is great for this stuff. If I'm the only one having this problem then most likely it was the camera this footage was shot on (no clue who's it was) or the shooter, or a hardware fault somewhere in the line.

thanks again
    _mike