Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: ASIC issue...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 ASIC issue... 
    Since we are transparent... we have an ASIC issue. We have to do a "metal spin", as apposed to a full re-spin, and it will set our program back about 30 days. I hate delays more than anyone, but we need to be open about the good news and the bad news.

What we are doing is something that no once else is doing... and it is difficult. We have had more than our share of luck... but reality has hit us.

This is not a major setback... but it is newsworthy.

Complain if you will. We are working as hard as we can and reporting what is real. I'd love to wave a magic wand over this but it is what it is.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Well, have to sit tight for the next 30 days - Lim

All Delays are Divine
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

Hey Jim,
    I'm sorry to hear that, must have been tough news and I'm sure some engineer feels read y to die over it.

From my perspective, any delay is a good delay, more time to financially prepare. Thanks for the update.
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

Appreciate the transparency. Clearly couldn't have been anticipated, and an estimated setback time helps.

Best of luck.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    You can't imagine how difficult a trick it is what we are trying to accomplish.... there is just no way. Our engineering team is all world, but the magnitude of complexity is hard to imagine. Most everything worked with the ASIC on the 1st try... but a couple of things didn't. The good news is that it is a metal spin and not a full re-spin... which could have set us back several months. Everyone, starting with me, wants all this done yesterday. My reputation, along with the whole RED team... is on the line. But in the end, we will be judged by what we put out, not how long it took.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Thanks Jim, the beauty of the future is that it's not always foreseeable. Working hard and with positive attitude assures it's always worth it... the wait.

Maybe RED taught me this?

Don't worry, we're not going anywhere....

http://www.SolarSystemStudio.com/

EPIC DRAGON - For Rent - Available Now

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    You can't imagine how difficult a trick it is what we are trying to accomplish.... there is just no way. Our engineering team is all world, but the magnitude of complexity is hard to imagine. Most everything worked with the ASIC on the 1st try... but a couple of things didn't. The good news is that it is a metal spin and not a full re-spin... which could have set us back several months. Everyone, starting with me, wants all this done yesterday. My reputation, along with the whole RED team... is on the line. But in the end, we will be judged by what we put out, not how long it took.

Jim
    I'd say your reputation along with the entire RED team is pretty safe...kinda like Neil Armstrong apologizing for not getting to the moon faster.

Now what does it mean Metal Spin

I assume Full re-spin is starting from scratch?