Sorry I'm on set today, but here are a couple clarifications.
Look bins: I wasn't thinking actually applying them nested, just orginized in some way so I could have a batch o looks for a mag.
Changing framerates: just wanted the ability to adjust the framerates of the outgoing clips. Sometimes people shoot things with the wrong baserate. (not me of course)
I love the original redcine, but now rocket cine is a close second, and would win out if I could move through clips faster. I never realized it was supposed to be a dailies only program. There is going to have to be a pretty funimental change in the way rocketcinex works for me to fall In love with it.
Ill clarify a little bit when I wrap tonight.
Just got back from set and doing some transfers now.
I had not noticed the .9 pixel settings in the latest build. Don't know how I missed them but thank you for pointing them out. I had a work flow set up with 720x540 sq pixel files then getting dumped into MPEGStreamclip to get squished. Well that's obviously not needed anymore. Thank you a thousand times for pointing them out.
Also I hadn't noticed that I actually can hide the top bar, but if I pop to full screen playback mode then back to window mode it doesn't stay hidden.
I'll start taking a second look at RedcineX, and make some notes on it. Thanks again for all your hard work on this Deanan and Red team, it really is amazing what you guys have done.
I never did see an update on the curves being hidden on the monitor. There needs to be a way to see ALL the information in RocketCine, currently there is not (at least on my system)... and it sounds like other people are experiencing this too.
Thanks for all the work / thought and support you put into the RED products and these threads.
I know RedCineX is free, but if I could make it into the most desirable application to go along with the Rocket, here is what I'd ask for.
1. Traditional Color Interface & Toolset (Graphically, I'd prefer that Lift, Gamma, Gain would be represented by a circular spectrum rather than horizontal sliders)
2. Integration with control surfaces (ie - Tangent Wave, CP100, CP200 etc.)
3. Ability to generate, import and export various LUT's and ASC CDL's. This would be really helpful in communicating color changes with post houses... especially the big ones that won't recognize or use .RSX files in their workflow.
4. Apply 1 LUT / Look to a timeline within a dailies workflow (eg - Daytime LUT; Nighttime LUT)
5. Burn In - It would be cool if the burn in could be above or below the picture... not on the picture.
As I said before, I know this is a free software... but that's my wish list.
would love to get back the full matrix of fine numerical curve controls that existed in the release build!
I use rocketcineX daily on set and I love it. BWF match is pure awesome. But if it could happen...
1. Framelines on output
2. Ability to select more than one .RDM directory for import
3. Overwriting lookPrefs doesn't work too well, would love just a Save function with auto naming for working with the DP present
4. Playback hotkeys and loop playback
Keep up the good work, guys. rocketcine has basically enabled my career as a DIT.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|