Thread: Rant2

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Rant2 
    The Disappointed: We wanted the Scarlet that was initially promised. Stop making it so complicated.
    The Apologists: They are trying it to do it right. Patience!
    The Disappointed: We want them to do it right as well but we don't all the bells and whistles.
    The Apologists: Too bad! Suck it up.
    The Disappointed: But we want to shoot now. We are ready to suck it up. We understand it might be difficult earlier on.
    The Apologists: That's what you are saying now. When you get a half finished camera, you will come here bitching and moaning.
    The Disappointed: No I promise. I am just disappointed, it has been almost two years now.
    The Apologists: You can't be a truly Red fan if you sound disappointed. This is an independent company. Jim is so [great]!!!
    The Disappointed: We agree. We saved all our pennies doing piddly things to buy this camera.
    The Apologists: Well, you should have gotten a Red fool! Like I did! Haha!
    The Disappointed: It is out of my price range. I just want a camera that has a good codec and an interchangeable lens setup.
    The Apologists: You clearly must be an amateur. You need more than just that. You need 5k. You need a full frame sensor. You need [this] and [that].
    The Disappointed: Not really. When I need something like that I'll will rent.
    The Apologists: In any case, you should appreciate the honesty of Red. They have been open with their development. No other company does that.
    The Disappointed: You're right. I'm being honest too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajit_AP View Post
    The Disappointed: We wanted the Scarlet that was initially promised. Stop making it so complicated.
    The Apologists: They are trying it to do it right. Patience!
    The Disappointed: We want them to do it right as well but we don't all the bells and whistles.
    The Apologists: Too bad! Suck it up.
    The Disappointed: But we want to shoot now. We are ready to suck it up. We understand it might be difficult earlier on.
    The Apologists: That's what you are saying now. When you get a half finished camera, you will come here bitching and moaning.
    The Disappointed: No I promise. I am just disappointed, it has been almost two years now.
    The Apologists: You can't be a truly Red fan if you sound disappointed. This is an independent company. Jim is so [great]!!!
    The Disappointed: We agree. We saved all our pennies doing piddly things to buy this camera.
    The Apologists: Well, you should have gotten a Red fool! Like I did! Haha!
    The Disappointed: It is out of my price range. I just want a camera that has a good codec and an interchangeable lens setup.
    The Apologists: You clearly must be an amateur. You need more than just that. You need 5k. You need a full frame sensor. You need [this] and [that].
    The Disappointed: Not really. When I need something like that I'll will rent.
    The Apologists: In any case, you should appreciate the honesty of Red. They have been open with their development. No other company does that.
    The Disappointed: You're right. I'm being honest too.
    This was amazing and posted on the Oct. 30th forum and removed, yet it's a perfect summary of how we Scarlet people are being treated by some. Others are being kind, as expected of RED users, but others are being ridiculous.

I do love RED, I even posted a forum topic about it and Jim specifically. But that doesn't mean we can't be disappointed!

Yup. It was moved. So much for honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajit_AP View Post
    Yup. It was moved. So much for honesty.
    Now there are tons of posts of people upset over the Scarlet that have just been flat out removed, and we are told we are "bitching". Thanks guys. :)

Scarletuser is a bit more lenient, half of us have been waiting from Day One, and although our patience has worn thin... we aren't uptight about it

you would rather this

over this

Some people I just don't get, that was a concept cam to me, never existed, most likely never will, and I for one am happy because I hate that layout of the concept scarlet. Plus no modularity.....
    Stephen Matthews
    "I do not want my success in life to rely on the suffering of others"
    -V.T.S.

Ajit,

this forum has a real name policy.

So you are saying we are dishonest by moving your post to another thread?

Reason that many posts were removed was that they were repetitive and didn't add anything new to the discussion (FYI: there were also many "positive" comments removed).

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Weiss View Post
    Ajit,

this forum has a real name policy.

So you are saying we are dishonest by moving your post to another thread?

Reason that many posts were removed was that they were repetitive and didn't add anything new to the discussion (FYI: there were also many "positive" comments removed).
    If repetitive and not adding anything is the requirement to have a post removed than you should remove 90% of the posts on there...

And if repetitive and being annoying is the requirement to be .....

Let's not get down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Matthews View Post
    you would rather this

over this

Some people I just don't get, that was a concept cam to me, never existed, most likely never will, and I for one am happy because I hate that layout of the concept scarlet. Plus no modularity.....
    Well if Jim had said "Here is Scarlet it does this-and-this and costs $3k and you can buy it now" then hell yes, I'd have had my credit card out that fast...
    But now I see it moving beyond my reach, slowly but surly, and it's frustrating and upsetting, but mainly I'm upset at my miserable finances.
    BUT whenever I hear myself bitching I think how much work has gone into even the 2/3 Fixed and am amazed at the likely price point even with the "mild" increase.
    Dave