Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Another hint...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    This Red One was first purchased by your Grandfather during the First World War...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kngBtoylIVM

No matter how many times you guys do this - this listening thing - it never ceases to amaze me. Just goes to show how little other companies do it.
    Cheers
    Bettsy

I continue to wish I owned a RED ONE:(

Quote Originally Posted by David Walls II View Post
    I'd be happy with anything RED! EPIC, SCARLET, R1, I don't care... they're all going to be amazing cameras! I just want something!
    Jesse Johnson
    Skyline Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by David Walls II View Post
    It was a dream come true for me. Smartest thing I've ever done.

Banned
    I was always wondering what Red would do with 6,000 R1 bodies.

Nice one, Jim! You know there is not such thing as too many cameras.

BTW, Keep in mind that Australian customers ejoy the economic stimulus package only until the end of December to buy new equipment and write 50% off it's purchase value the same financial year.

Why not make it easier for the Australian Government to contribute something towards film making and accept payments for the Epic-X before the end of the year?

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Achtel View Post

BTW, Keep in mind that Australian customers have an economic stimulus only until the end of December to buy new equipment and write 50% of it's value.

Why not make it easier to the Australian Government to contribute to film making and accept payments for the Epic-X before the end of the year?
    Good to know... :-)

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

I guess I shouldn't get too excited until I see what the actual offer is, but this is fantastic.

The trade in deal that's been talked about has been too good an offer to pass up, but having to give away my RED ONE which I have quite a bit of emotional attachment to was going to be a sad day.

To be honest, I'd be fine if it was something like the RED ONE getting gutted and us getting the hollow body sent back to keep a memento.

that is soooo cool of you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel Achtel View Post

BTW, Keep in mind that Australian customers ejoy the economic stimulus package only until the end of December to buy new equipment and write 50% off it's purchase value the same financial year.

Why not make it easier for the Australian Government to contribute something towards film making and accept payments for the Epic-X before the end of the year?
    Pawel: is that a tax credit or a deduction? Depending on your tax bracket it can easily be 25% savings here in the US (you can accelerate depreciation to 100% deduction in first year up to $110K or so-can't remember the specific number.)

R1 # 206 invoiced about 4 days after the new year so lost about $6000 in tax savings for 2007 taxes.

Depending on RED's fiscal year it might push their taxes to this year rather than next, but it sure would be nice for us out here to get that tax savings.
    Save the Sharks
    Red #206/Epic-X Stage2 Now shipping Epic U/W housings - accepting orders - contact us. U/W housing for REDONE - for sale or rent. Check out our new Aero3D™ mirror/beamsplitter rig. 954.937.6600 www.Aquavideo.com ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have had MANY requests from RED ONE customers to create an option where they can keep their RED ONE and still buy an early EPIC-X.

Many of you have made your money back several times over with your RED ONE, your RED ONE has become part of your family, you want to hold on to part of your personal history... along with industry history. We get it.

We will create another option for you to consider on the 30th.

Jim
    Well that changes things for me!