Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Another hint...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We have had MANY requests from RED ONE customers to create an option where they can keep their RED ONE and still buy an early EPIC-X.

Many of you have made your money back several times over with your RED ONE, your RED ONE has become part of your family, you want to hold on to part of your personal history... along with industry history. We get it.

We will create another option for you to consider on the 30th.

Jim
    Jim
    Many did indeed, and many I would say majority looked at it as long term investment and took a long way with a path to the sensor upgrades.
    With all the fairness you are offering it's what it is, an obsolete camera when Epic emerges.
    You balance it well thought and I hope I can afford all that it's coming.
    I will not be able to ditch 20.000 every year. the next realistic step for me is FF35 and I hope as a user/owner not a rental to keep going.
    Love ya man:)

Wow.

Cool. I had thought that there was already a policy in place to keep your Red One and get an Epic-X. By paying the full price of an Epic s35, one could get an Epic-X s35 brain, plus the modules. I thought this way already a good deal. Whatever comes from this hint will just be gravy!

BTW, the original Epic-X offer was the final catalyst for my purchase of the Red One.

I'm pretty certain that I'm not alone in my excitement for the coming announcement.

3. #33 I love my R1, but... 
    Jim,

Great thought. However, even as much as I love my Red One, I am sure I can fall in love VERY easy with my new Epic X...

I mean, it is only $10K more, and with this economy, the choice is so obvious for me. Unless the offer is too tempting, and it will not cost me my marriage.
    Luis Otero

Colorist - Motion pictures painter..

Epic-X #1616 (Old Red One 711)
    I was scammed, and I love it...!

Digital Emulsion -
    Orlando, FL

IMDB: www.imdb.com/name/nm3889059/

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Good to know... :-)

Jim
    I'm in on that too. Especially as the AUD is heating up against the USD right now... so y'all say the word and we'll start hosepiping money over there.

Banned
    Yes, good timing to take advantage of cheap USD and help our uncle Sam in getting out of this financial mess.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    There is no pressure either way... that is the great thing about choices. Want to keep it, no problem. Turn it in, no problem. Do nothing, no problem. All good.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

I like mu RED1, want to keep it with M-X sensor upgrade.

4.5k is enough sensor size resolution for my work at this moment.

Looking forward to get 1 1/2 stop more DR with R1M-X upgrade.
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

I keep reading people say that Epic makes the Red One obsolete, but with the MX upgrade to the R1, I would bet that it would be pretty hard to pick which camera was which, from a two camera dialogue shoot, even when projected.

I'm sure that a colorist could tell the difference between the two codecs (Redcode 42 vs. Redcode 250), when pushing and pulling the footage, but the average audience member couldn't.

I'd guess that the footage would cut nicely. I'm sure the editor would be stoked on that, over a one camera shoot.

If there's a way to keep my R1 as a potential B camera to an Epic-X, without making me default on my mortgage, I would be ecstatic.
    Jason Beckwith

DoP Reel
    Project Arbiter
    Taking Eden (My comic book)

What will Red be doing with all the Red ones they get back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper Sichlau View Post
    What will Red be doing with all the Red ones they get back?
    Yes i'd love to know as well. I can stack it next to my Punchcard Machine, the IBM 50 manual, NeXT Computer, and my Osborne 1 . Really those are in home.

I collect ancient tabulating & computer devices.
    Joseph Arthur
    Off-Reservation ( feathers, not dots )