Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Should I go to Nab?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Should I go to Nab? 
    Hello Jim. Coverage on NAB last year on RED was great and I was very glad not to spend $1000 or more on the whole Las Vegas thing.

However, I'm guessing this year that it will be worth the trip to see new footage shown in 4k, workflow solutions with Apple, and the shocked expressions from um.. Sony for one. This alone would be worth it, since I will probably never see my own RED footage shown in 4k for at least a decade or more. However, seeing what is possible with my new 'toy' (boys and toys) would be most inspirational. I also hear that you may have a few surprises...

What does everyone think? Is it worth $1000 for to fly in for a few days, gamble, see one dreams (hopefully) come true?! Or be safe watch the great internet coverage and wish you were there?

Lastly, is there a RED hotel and deal? Last time I looked it soon disappeared in the threads... if so what is affordable and where are all of us RED key holders going? I just need a kick to justify my boy with toy... or man and machine that will earn a living argument here.

thats a dumb question... yes you should come you get to hang out with us..

Man, I would really like to go, but my daughter is due to be born right about then. My wife thinks she's coming early, which means there's still a chance.

Cross your fingers for me. If the baby comes Mid-March (still a healthy delivery) I will be able to make it for NAB and hang out.

To answer your post Greg, i would second what IMG has said. How often have you picked up a book about a subject that you already understand, but still get that one piece of good advice that made the book purchase valuable?

See you at NAB (crossing fingers)

Jason
    I know how to do it. You just wouldn't know it from the way I do it.

Banned
    If you feel you should go, then go. Otherwise, don't. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    If you feel you should go, then go. Otherwise, don't. Hope this helps.
    Wow, that's the kind of shit I pay my psychologist to say and it costs me $200..and I still don't know the answer. :)

PS-good morning, Blue.

My kid was born first week of January (little troublemaker screwed me out of a tax deduction for 06). It's exciting, just don't have your wife induced. They pump them full of Pitocin and that really f*cks them up. They hit my wife with so much pitocin that she wouldn't stop bleeding, lost a quart of blood (the nurses looked really worried). Later we found out it was their fault for giving her so much pitocin and sending her uterus into distress. It's all fine now, I'm just saying be patient.
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Nelson View Post
    My kid was born first week of January (little troublemaker screwed me out of a tax deduction for 06). It's exciting, just don't have your wife induced. They pump them full of Pitocin and that really f*cks them up. They hit my wife with so much pitocin that she wouldn't stop bleeding, lost a quart of blood (the nurses looked really worried). Later we found out it was their fault for giving her so much pitocin and sending her uterus into distress. It's all fine now, I'm just saying be patient.
    That's not good at all. I'm glad all came out fine for you.

My first child was an induction, but he said fuck you very much and came out on his own time. He's still just as stubborn as he was then, but all worked out OK. :)

This time around my wife has that "feeling" that no induction will be needed and we will be early. i've been talking-tummy to make sure that my daughter knows to wait until she's good and ready to come out, but make sure that it's some time in mid-March. :)

Congrats on the baby. If it's your first you are in for one crazy ass time. If you can find time to make films with a little one, please pass along the advice. :)

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by insanityfw View Post
    Man, I would really like to go, but my daughter is due to be born right about then. My wife thinks she's coming early, which means there's still a chance.

Cross your fingers for me. If the baby comes Mid-March (still a healthy delivery) I will be able to make it for NAB and hang out.
    Same here - only it's a boy and he's due march 1st. So if everything goes well (and my company decides to pay for the trip) then I'm going too :-)
    Tony Lorentzen, Kinema Follow me on Twitter: kinemadk
    Cinematographer, owner of RED Epic Dragon #420

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Nelson View Post
    alot of information

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    wow this thread got really weird really fast :)