Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Incredible...

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 79 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    No. Bottom handle is too small.

Jim
    Wow, Saturday night going on 2 am... this is spectacular. Thanks Jim

These cameras look fantastic. My kind of configurations as well,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gibby View Post
    Yup...especially for shooting vertical stills...also, see the other record button on the bottom handle. But if I wasn't shooting any vertical stills I'd probably go without the bottom handle to lighten the setup even a bit more.

I'm curious about the +/- receptacle on the bottom handle. I have a hunch on that...
    Yes off course, but 80% of my shoots are in portrait mode, so definitely will be having the Grip on most of the time, but it sure is great to be able to removed, just one of those "must have" in your bag kinda of things.
    KETCH ROSSi F i l m m a k e r

YouTube Channel

Disclosure & Clarification... While I am now Sponsored by various Companies, I "choose" the gear and my expressed opinions will always remain sincere and truthful.

Im curious to know how the EVF mounts to the Epic Brain? I keep seeing renders with the Epic and the EVF mounted in all these different positions. Each render however doesnt really illustrate to me how the EVF will mount. When you look at other stills of the body without the EVF there doesnt look like anything that the EVF could mount to.

Could you shed some light please?
    It changes every day, but is always the same: research for Equilibrium.
    I believe that the Image, as the language of Cinema, is formed by the conflict and harmony of the two different elements of life: Light and Darkness.
    Trying to find an Equilibrium between these two opposite forces as I visualize different stories, becomes every day the reason for my creative effort.
    The research of this is my own life.
    -Vittorio Storaro

REEL: http://www.vimeo.com/ericulbrich

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ulbrich View Post
    Im curious to know how the EVF mounts to the Epic Brain? I keep seeing renders with the Epic and the EVF mounted in all these different positions. Each render however doesnt really illustrate to me how the EVF will mount. When you look at other stills of the body without the EVF there doesnt look like anything that the EVF could mount to.

Could you shed some light please?
    Also curious about this.
    Charles Angus Taylor
    www.charlesangustaylor.com

All very nice.

Epic has already seen and even has been in the hands of some lucky REDusers at IBC Amsterdam 2009.

But it still remains the most important question about Mysterum-X specs or the sensor's sensitivity and exposure latitude.

All professionals and consumers are waiting for that answer.

Epic at IBC Amsterdam, September 12, 2009.

"There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

--------

500px >>>
    Twitter >>>
    Facebook >>>
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dalton View Post
    I think one thing we can count on, is first out will be Epic X. Red will want to reward loyal customers first. And then scarlet and Epic to new customers about a month later.

I guess manufacturing will dictate somewhat. If they are waiting for modules maybe fixed scarlet will be one of the first.

Should be an interesting month with all our questions asked. One, major one, How the heck do we buy one? Is everything coming through red?

Would prefer stores, because we Canadians will get hit with duties attached when mailed?
    Canadians dont have to pay duty on camera equipment. I was worried about that too. Look it up. id say im 80% positive im right. rofl if that makes sense.

[QUOTE=Sanjin Jukic;487307]All very nice.

Epic has already seen and even has been in the hands of some lucky REDusers at IBC Amsterdam 2009.

But it still remains the most important question about Mysterum-X specs or the sensor's sensitivity and exposure latitude.

All professionals and consumers are waiting for that answer.

Jim has already given an answer on sensitivity.
    "For example, Arri's new sensor program (which looks quite nice from what I could see at IBC) uses dual gain paths to create a great looking image at ISO 800. The Mysterium-X (in EPIC) uses a new pixel design and some new technology to get to the same place. The Mysterium-X has the same noise characteristics at ISO 800 of Mysterium (in a RED ONE) at ISO 250, even though the pixel size is exactly the same for both. Neither company's sensor program achieves this "clean at ISO 800" look with just the pixel size."
    From CML on the 18th
    Dewald Aukema SASC
    www.dewaldaukema.com

Looking at the photo's, the Epic could almost fit in a Cracker-Jack box. It would take a rare situation for this camera to be too big in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjin Jukic View Post

Looks like Jarred is tryin' to keep the animals at bay LOL

A position many would like to be in, I might add...awesome....sooooo friggin' awsome
    Vince Krochak - IMDb

AC / Videographer & Video and graphics editor / wannabe DP

Some more picture of EPIC at the REDusers hands:

"There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

--------

500px >>>
    Twitter >>>
    Facebook >>>
    YouTube