Wanted to report a solved problem here. Thanks Very Much to Wade Macdonald who helped me solve this issue.
Some of you may know that I have been reporting a problem with garbage renders from FCP.
For the benefit of the world I am reporting my workflow here to help anyone else who runs into this.
1. Edited in FCP with transcode OFFLINE media created with clipfinder (or redrushes)
2. Exported XML file of FINAL FCP SEQUENCE
3. Opened Clipfinder and ran CONFORM FCP PROJECT with XML file to create NEW file.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT to rely on the RESIZE the SEQUENCES to 1920x1080 in clipfinder.
4. Opened NEW XML in FCP and set the sequence by hiting apple key "0" to the following. CUSTOM 2048x1024, 23.98, etc
5. used SEND TO COLOR command to open sequence in COLOR
6. CHANGE floating point to 10-bit in COLOR
7. Change EXPORT size of FINAL project in USER settings (it is very important to do this set within COLOR or it will not work!)
***ADDING TWO THINGS HERE to eliminate any frozen renders you might get. (DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF BETA CLIP FINDER)
8. Close Color project
9. Open Clipfinder
10 In the tools menu run the Color Project through "FIX LOOPING BUG IN COLOR PROJECT"
11. Reopen in Apple Color and proceed.
You now have FULL access to the R3D files and can use the RED TAB in Color and render out great Prores 4444 or Uncompressed without any problems.
MORE INFO AT THIS LINK AS WELL
I am so glad I finally solved this nagging issue.