Firstly let me just say that I'm already in love with REDCINE-X. I've only been using it for a few days now and it's already been invaluable. That said, I'm still a massive fan of REDrushes, and would imagine that a lot of people will be using REDrushes for a while to come...
So with that said, here are some suggestions that I would love to see implemented at some stage in the future. I'm sure some of these have already been discussed on other areas of the forum - so apologies if they have.
Here's my wish list:
1. The "Total" frame counts should be listed as soon as you add the clips. That way you can know approximately how big all the clips are from the get go.
2. At the bottom of the list, there should be a "totals" section. If it could tell you how many minutes of footage is in the queue, that would be extremely handy. Better yet, if it could give you a very rough estimate of how long it will take to render everything, that would be even better! Surely it could work out how long it takes to render the first 50 frames of one clip, and then do the maths for the rest?
3. If you stop a batch, it shouldn't reprocess any clips that were completed when you start it again. The stop button should basically just act like a pause button. As REDrushes is basically just an interface for REDline, I think pausing a clip and then resuming it might be impossible (in the current REDline form), so it you pause it, you might need to restart whatever clip you stopped on - but it shouldn't process any clips that have already been done.
4. You should be able to "shift select" multiple clips in a row or "command select" multiple individual clips to select more than one clip in the list for removal. So say you want to delete the first five clips from the list, you should just be able to click the first one, hold down shift on your keyboard and then select the fifth one and press delete to get rid of all four.
5. REDrushes should translate all file paths so that they are compatible with REDline. For example, at the moment if you add clips that have a directory with a funky character in it (i.e. "rolls 1 & 2", without quotes), REDrushes will freak out. REDrushes should be able to handle any and every "legal" MacOS directory structure.
If I think of anything else, I'll write it here... Feel free to add to the list!
Best Regards, Chris!