Thread: Avatar time!!!

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    It looks fun, and i'm glad to see Cameron back in the saddle, but photorealist? No way, looks more like another good iteration, Gollum 2.0
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

i have a feeling this will be the first time that 3D is used to it's potential.

With a Quarter of a Billion (with a "B") $$ spent on ground braking S3D technology, and countless time spent on its post, this is a Movie that to be truly and fully appreciated must be seen in its full intended glory "S3D" with Shutter Polarized glasses.

If you don't like the story line its one thing, but I will be very surprise to find a good number of unsatisfied customers after seen this film in S3D!

ciao
    KETCH ROSSi F i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Gustav H. View Post
    It's not on the Apple site, as far as I can tell. Meant to be premiering with Inglorious Basterds tomorrow.
    Really?? I thought they just started shooting?

RED EPIC-X DRAGON #250, EPIC-M DRAGON #646, EPIC-X DRAGON #7139, Scarlet Dragon-X #4919, RED ONE #476 MX "MOTHER"
    Commercials | Live | Concerts | Corporate | RED rentals
    Red Pro Primes T1.8: 18,25,35,50,85,100 (all metric), red CF zoom 18-50 T3 (imperial), Red Pro Zoom 17-50mm T2.9 (m), Red zoom 50-150 T3 (m) + 300mm T2.8 (i)
    Leica Summilux-C series on order.
    www.groovyentertainment.com/english/

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right. ~Henry Ford

Wow - looks like its going to be awful...
    Charles Angus Taylor
    www.charlesangustaylor.com

Judging by the trailer alone it's a bit of a let down for me; but I realize that the actual experience will me much different in 3D so I won't hold judgment. I was hoping for something more photorealistic, but like I said, without seeing it how it's supposed to look, I can't really call judgment on the look of the film yet. The story definitely has potential.

Underwhelmed.

I shouldn't be saying this, but I believe too much in this film to do it such disservice:

I've seen FINISHED cuts of it, and this is NOT how the final renders of the Navi' will look like, this is about 5-6 passes under the final look and about what the computer game will look like, which, for a game, is pretty good, but trust me, all will say is that what you'll see in December is far more photo realistic than this. Remember how good Gollum looked? Well, it's like that, only better! Take the teaser for what it is, an early attempt at generating, or even keeping, interest on a product on which far too many important people and entities have invested way too much, that's all.
    Rudi Herbert

www.UnderwaterCinema.com

A site about the equipment and techniques of the art of underwater cinematography

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi Herbert View Post
    I shouldn't be saying this, but I believe too much in this film to do it such disservice:

I've seen FINISHED cuts of it, and this is NOT how the final renders of the Navi' will look like, this is about 5-6 passes under the final look and about what the computer game will look like, which, for a game, is pretty good, but trust me, all will say is that what you'll see in December is far more photo realistic than this. Remember how good Gollum looked? Well, it's like that, only better! Take the teaser for what it is, an early attempt at generating, or even keeping, interest on a product on which far too many important people and entities have invested way too much, that's all.
    Well that's exactly what I was hoping for; Gollum, and THEN some. Why on Earth would they release this then???