Thread: Avatar time!!!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Have some faith, guys! Yes, it's more cartoonish than I expected, but I have a feeling that this trailer only scratches the surface of the spectacle we will behold in December.

Rumors that Malick's epic "Tree of Life" will bow on Dec 18th, as well.

I was at comic-con and saw some of the footage in 3D, it is mindblowing. This does not do it justice.

Beautiful.
    Clayton H.Haskell, ICG
    cinematographer IATSE Local 600

LA - NY - PARIS

Twitter | EPIC REEL | haskellfilms

http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/a...tsr_h1080p.mov

1080p dl link from daves trailer page.
    I was a bit...dissapointed at first but then I realised the difference between the Na'vi and Zemeckis' lifeless creations...the eyes. They were right and it wasn't hyperbole. Freeze the 1080p version and look at Zoe Saldena's Na'vi cry. Awesome.
    KINOTRIGGER
    Feature Films, Fashion Films, Photography, S3D, Pre/Post/Production.

VIMEO YOUTUBE TWITTER

I've got to say, I'm a little disappointed.

I wouldn't say it looks cartooney, but rather like a (very good) computer game. Almost as if its on the far edge of uncanny valley in the Final Fantasy The Spirits Within territory. There was also a strange lack of depth in the more CGI heavy scenes, although this could well be a result of the process; the depth is provided by the 3D.

All in all, its too early to deliver full judgement, and I must admit, I was never that hyped about this project from when I first read the script treatment that has been floating around for years.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood from the impending English batting collapse - 300 if we're lucky. :(

On a lighter note, the trailer for the new Christopher Nolan work, Inception, is also meant to be out today.

I wonder if Fox pushed to release this trailer. It's not very well edited and a lot of the stuff seems unfinished.
    At first I was a bit disappointed. But then I watched it a few times more, and I think the movie will totally deliver. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, luckily got a ticket for the 16min 3D screening. Let's see what this fucker really looks like! I bet that a lot of naysayers will get their asses whipped by some heavy Na'Vi tail.
    But I can understand how a lot of people are underwhelmed by this trailer...

Benni, please report back to us after you see the footage.

Karl, I've been looking for that Inception teaser. Has it hit the internet yet?

The visuals are great seeing it in HD but Fox messed up big time on this trailer. The music does not build up at all, and they needed to showcase the aliens emoting more. That is the real big deal about this movie, look at Neytiri (alien girl) cry at the end. That's what they need to show more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Benni, please report back to us after you see the footage.

Karl, I've been looking for that Inception teaser. Has it hit the internet yet?
    It's not on the Apple site, as far as I can tell. Meant to be premiering with Inglorious Basterds tomorrow.

This movie looks sick. I can't wait to see it. The creatures look way more alive than most of the other CGI created characters in other films.
    Check out my new timelapse reel "Journey Part 1" https://vimeo.com/80871338

Custom Timelapse Shots using Epic and the 5D3
    http://599productions.com