Thread: Cinemek-hitchcock Storyboard Iphone App

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i know a couple of directors who do a storyboard video with friends on a small canon....

then edit it....

now you have the complete movie in a really rough version and can see where the problems are (pacing, staging, storytelling...of course you never judge the perfomance of the actors)

then commonly they rewrite parts of the scripts...make scenes shorter, longer, rearrange scenes, add shots, delete shots, add/change camera movement) etc.

its a great way to find out if what you have in your head is really understandable to the audience.

this is another underreted part in film making.

every director get sleepless nights if it happens that what was in his mind doesnt transport to the screen.

here it get popular after carlitos way and the shoot out in the barber shop. (it had a problem with pacing) de palma just shot some more shots and changed the place of some shots...the sequence is now longer but felt shorter than the original one.

eidt: previz are pretty common today i guess, but if you cant afford a 3d storyboard artist, you get creative.
    red is not a color, it's a camera.

I dig that app. I'll be buying it. Makes my job easier. But I agree with Jeff that you should be able to draw in it or take photos or video if you have the 3Gs iphone.

I recently did a roundup of useful iPhone apps for cinematography. Check it out on our blog, Cine Technica at blog.abelcine.com.
    Mitch Gross
    Director of Communications
    Convergent-Design

What I would really like to find is an external keyboard for the iPhone. It would really speed up working with Hitchcock.

The stand in actors thing is what we've been doing also, using a digital camera and then just putting shots into photoshop, silhouetting the actors and potentially the area in some cases then exporting it as a full storyboard, this process seems to be able to go with that, although I don't think you'd even need the stand in actors, if they soon incorporated silhouettes sitting, standing or crouching...simple positions you could do most of it by just taking shots then placing in silhouettes, although stand in actors would be easier xD

A great feature would be to import pictures from Photo on your iPhone, so like Jeff suggested, you would scan whatever you already have, put it into iPhoto or whatever, sync to your iPhone, sit on a plane/train/waiting wherever or in a coffee shop and just deal with story-boarding or whatever on the app and send it to wherever it needs to go!

I doubt the PDF will have embedded audio, I don't think normal PDFs even play audio...maybe in the future some new format like a PDF will allow it :D (could just be horribly wrong though)

Banned
    You might want to take a look at SunPosition (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...326069567&mt=8) .

Sun Position allows to quickly determine the azimuth and altitude of the sun for any given time and place on this planet.
    The main view contains all relevant information such as sunrise, sunset, altitude, azimuth, daylight time, shadow length factor and an inclinometer. On Iphone 3GS, a compass is available.
    Location information can be entered by the user or generated by the Location Services on Iphone/Ipod Touch.
    All this for less then a buck...

7. #17 Hitchcock 
    Hey everyone. Hitchcock should be up on the app store in the next few days. We are excited to receive feedback on it and how we can improve future versions. Many of the things in this thread are already on the future version lists. Thanks again!
    Jonathan Houser
    Cinemek inc.
    DP - Seattle
    www.cinemek.com

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hitchcock Mobile Storyboard Composer. A new way to storyboard for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Just had an idea, works sort of like the masking feature in AE but not so extreme, as in I can cut the figures waist off to make it look like his standing behind a desk etc.

Rag doll effect maybe? move the arms or legs, given certain points such as joints etc. I don't know, just thought of it whilst I was sitting in the cab, figured it'd be good to make it appear as if the figure was actually sitting down, didn't complete the idea before i got out the cab but figured it'd be nice, say crowd effect or anything you put like 10 of them having their arms up in the air or two shaking hands...

Heh...just an idea I thought I'd throw out there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imran Farouk View Post
    Just had an idea, works sort of like the masking feature in AE but not so extreme, as in I can cut the figures waist off to make it look like his standing behind a desk etc.

Rag doll effect maybe? move the arms or legs, given certain points such as joints etc. I don't know, just thought of it whilst I was sitting in the cab, figured it'd be good to make it appear as if the figure was actually sitting down, didn't complete the idea before i got out the cab but figured it'd be nice, say crowd effect or anything you put like 10 of them having their arms up in the air or two shaking hands...

Heh...just an idea I thought I'd throw out there :P
    Those are some good ideas. I really like the crop idea. That would be relatively easy to integrate into the next version.
    Jonathan Houser
    Cinemek inc.
    DP - Seattle
    www.cinemek.com

--------------------------------------------------------
    Hitchcock Mobile Storyboard Composer. A new way to storyboard for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

It's up now...heh most I've paid for an app...going to be well worth it though...