Thread: Mike about the RED ONE from Sundance...

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Mike about the RED ONE from Sundance... 

Mike Curtis and Jarred Land of Reduser.net @ party

Mike (HD4iNDs) wrote:

"...I went to go see Ted Schilowitz of Red talk about the Red One to see if there was anything new to report. Not really, nothing I haven't reported here on before. At one point he was talking about changes, and progress on the camera, and NAB, and said something about "we'll keep you posted on progress over the next few months" or something very much like that. Does that mean they won't be done for a few months? They've been saying "engineering goals" and "no promises" and "all specs subject to change" all along - just curious when the cameras will be done. I've been idly hoping to get mine this summer sometime. If it takes until August, I won't be surprised. If it took until December, I'd be cranky about it."

http://www.hdforindies.com/2007/01/s...ee-report.html
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

2. #2 Very simple and clear message 
    To conclude is to say that nothing new you get from the RED ONE til NAB 2007 in Las Vegas. Very simple and clear message. So order the RED ONE right now with the lenses or if you did it already do some more fundrising money for your powerful multicore/multiprocessors the REDCODE workstation, RAM, storage/RAID and brand new graphic card. Think about that. Also add some the RED stickers in your order.
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Jim said details on pricing, accessories, etc.. should come out in March, presumably to build up more interest right before NAB. I'm guessing that other than the updates we get here already, all the meaty info is yet to come. Can't really complain though. The direct interaction by the RED team with their loyal community of future users is unheard of in most industries, especially this one.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

And forgot to add more about low-budget lenses, have a look at

http://www.reduser.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Thom Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by AppliedVisual View Post
    Can't really complain though. The direct interaction by the RED team with their loyal community of future users is unheard of in most industries, especially this one.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Since when have any of us EVER witnessed a lead engineer, let alone a CEO, ever comment in a continuing, online dialogue on a future product? Especially a product as technologically provocative as RED? My hat's off, WAY off, to Jim Jannard and his team for maintaining an unprecedented degree of DIRECT customer contact, interaction, and feedback.
    ralph oshiro
    RED411.NET