Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Wanted to reserve but Paypal says no...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Wanted to reserve but Paypal says no... 
    So much for placing a reservation for more cameras and lenses to match... I've spent 2 hours to-ing and fro-ing with Paypal on the phone and turns out they limit any credit card from the UK to 1000 if you don't have a verified Paypal account. And they see that we bought something off Ebay last year for 800 so that gives us just 200. And getting verified takes at least 5 working days.

If we'd known in advance it was going to be Paypal only, I could have made a plan....

When we placed reservations at IBC, Red took our credit card directly. Any chance of doing that again, Kelly?

Hopefully
    James
    CTO The Post Factory Group, London
    Red Epic Dragon Cameras, DJI Ronin 2 and Movi M15 stabiizers, Sony FS7, Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K Cameras, Lomo Anamorphics, Canon K35s, Super Baltars.
    Central London Green Screen Interview Studio
    DCP Cinema delivery, QC and Film Festival management
    www.postfactory.co.uk
    www.gearfactory.co.uk
    www.bloomsburyfilmstudio.co.uk

Same problem here... I've been trying for hours with several cards but with no luck... I'm in Spain and it doesn't seem to work from here through paypal account or without loging in.

James, I had to set up a Paypal acc just now to get my res in...same deal, limited till verified, so couldn't get the zoom reserved just camera and 300...just email 4k@red.com and tell them the story.

cheers, cam

Melvin, i couldn't just use my credit card either...had to set up account with paypal and it was limited amount but still on card...

Or wire them the money.

Call Kelly in the morning she will be able to work it all out. I have to do the same paypal is not an option for me

Finally got it working... had to try several cards before one of them finally went through.

Misery loves company!

Thanks for the suggestion Cam: I emailed 4k@red.com and Ryan at red has already responded to my email with wire instructions.

Of course, by the time it goes through tomorrow we will be a bit further down the queue....

James
    CTO The Post Factory Group, London
    Red Epic Dragon Cameras, DJI Ronin 2 and Movi M15 stabiizers, Sony FS7, Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K Cameras, Lomo Anamorphics, Canon K35s, Super Baltars.
    Central London Green Screen Interview Studio
    DCP Cinema delivery, QC and Film Festival management
    www.postfactory.co.uk
    www.gearfactory.co.uk
    www.bloomsburyfilmstudio.co.uk

Speaking of PayPal problems... I already was verified for PayPal because I went on an ebay binge a few years ago. I had my PayPal account set to automatically withdraw from my credit card - yet when I paid this time they deducted my $1500 reservation from my checking account... which was quite empty. Apparently having auto-withdrawal set to a credit card is not enough to have PayPal withdraw from a credit card... I think because PayPal makes more money when they take it directly from the bank they try every measure possible to avoid using the cards.

So I was forced to cash some CD's in order to dump money into my checking account, losing some of the interest as penalty. Additionally, since my reservation wasn't charged to my credit card I lost out on getting 1% cash back and an improved credit score. I feel like canceling my reservation just so that I can go back and put in another reservation on my credit card instead. I just hope that PayPal didn't try an instantaneous transfer of funds from my empty checking account - It'd really suck to get hit with some sort of withdrawal penalty on top of everything else that's happened.

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #10  
    When we placed reservations at IBC, Red took our credit card directly. Any chance of doing that again, Kelly?

Hopefully
    James[/QUOTE]

I would be more than happy to take your credit card or give you wire instructions. Call me at the office tomorrow!

Thanks,
    Kelly