Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Price

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    yeah yeah.. other swiss here.. nice red number yours.. but when you're buying this expensive gear you're paying the expectations they have on the profitable hollywood and related business.. genre commercials etc..

and if you ain't taking there any profit.. you're sharing with the supplier what you won't have from anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by artbeatsart View Post
    Yes, true, ARRI is heavy duty, with it, never ever you need gaffertape to fix a weaky kind of mattebox that makes you angry because in your wideangle shot you see a ugly black shadow destroing your incredible composed picture. Ok, if I have the occasion I will gratefully test a lowcost one. Then it is true: ARRI is dammed expensive but on the other hand, ARRI stuff will last forever.
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker's gang View Post
    yeah yeah.. other swiss here.. nice red number yours.. but when you're buying this expensive gear you're paying the expectations they have on the profitable hollywood and related business.. genre commercials etc..

and if you ain't taking there any profit.. you're sharing with the supplier what you won't have from anywhere..
    Hi,

I think you will find that Arri has not made vast profits over the years, its a tough business. Remember most of the equipment they have ever made is still working today!

Stephen
    Epic Dragon owner, the first upgraded camera in Switzerland :D

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Williams View Post
    I know it was intended to help Phillips at the time, thats why broadcast cameras are so much more expensive than the industrial version.
    Interestingly I noticed that Grass Valley/Thompson were kicking off about it again last year, I think it is up for renewal.

M

Hi,

If you are planning to use one of the best digital cameras ever made, is skimping on lenses etc really such a good idea?

There is a reason that Arri Matte boxes & follow focus units cost so much, you will only ever cry once!

Stephen
    absolutly dont skimp on lenses.. but what im saying is you dont need to own the lenses to be able to have a fully functioning camera.. rent lenses..
    matteboxes really dont matter.. if they hold filters.. block out light they will work. followfocus i agree.. unless you know how to mod a 500 ff like the micro then you should get a 1200+ ff.. but my point was even if you did buy the best matte box and best ff your still under 3000!.. but yah, once you tack on some premo primes and zooms then you will be spending some dime.. but even if i had the money for a set of superspeeds i would rather rent per paid shoot. otherwise.. for my own personal work or even some commercial work i think nikons would be fantastic.

Hi,

I think you will find that Arri has not made vast profits over the years, its a tough business. Remember most of the equipment they have ever made is still working today!

Stephen
    the manufacturers just want a part of the cake.. for them there's no difference between hollywood or indy..

should the indy pay the hollywood bill from their own box office expectations when ours (box office) can not even exist?..
    "The BBC alow the EX1/3 to be used on SD productions, the 5D is not considered aceptable to the BBC for SD Production"

the most funny post ever is courtesy of gang's good friend.. mr Williams.. old stephen
    ###.com forums
    on Oct 30 2009

link to gang's former avatar

[QUOTE=zakaree;6720]but my point was even if you did buy the best matte box and best ff your still under 3000!./QUOTE]

If you know where I can buy an ARRI ff-4 and an ARRI 4 stage 6x6 swing out matte box for under $3,000 combined I will take 50 of them.
    www.finnerknowsbest.com

"There are many dying children out there whose last wish is to meet me." The HOFF

"you'll be hearing a lot about me over the next couple of decades." The JohnathanLB