Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Real names...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Could you please change "hominid" to "Pete Horvath"

Cheers.

Hello,
    I recieved an email requesting my full name, which I replied too, but so far nothing yet!

I understand the back-log though.

Thanks

Hugh Miller

Please change JackyLu -> Lu Shang Kun
    Thank you.

I don't see what the big deal is with having a 'real' name in the forums.
    Since when has that ever been a requirement for forums like these?
    If it were so important, wouldn't the account creation pages have fields for first and last names in the first place?
    What about maintaining our privacy on the internet? I wouldn't want all my posts displayed on Google if someone searched for my name for example...
    I don't mean to be rude, but asking every forum member to change their 'username' to their actual names is pretty ridiculous...

"Retouche Dog" > "András Puiz" or "Andras Puiz" if the accent may be a problem.
    <real name>
    First name: András
    Last name: Puiz
    </real name>

adro --> Adrian Hernandez

thank you guys!
    Adrian Hernandez - - Madrid, Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by ensign_benson View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is with having a 'real' name in the forums.
    Since when has that ever been a requirement for forums like these?
    If it were so important, wouldn't the account creation pages have fields for first and last names in the first place?
    What about maintaining our privacy on the internet? I wouldn't want all my posts displayed on Google if someone searched for my name for example...
    I don't mean to be rude, but asking every forum member to change their 'username' to their actual names is pretty ridiculous...
    You generally get less nonsense posted when people use their real names. If you consider yourself in anyway professional then you won't want people linking you to some trash you have been writing online. After all this forum has a lot of users for which the very topic is their profession.

Unfortunately their are too many users in the past who have abused anonymity for the sake of posting crude or rude comments about others or unfounded comments about the camera equipment being discussed.

On a personal level I prefer that people can read and judge my comments and put a real life name to them. I've met a lot of people who recognise my name from this forum alone. It means that when i post I try to make sure my posts are factually correct, as intelligently articulated as possible and aren't derogatory for the sake of being derogatory.

I'd hope that this is what others who use their real names attempt to add and the result of this is simply put - a better communal experience for all.

Paul

E N T S W O O D Ltd
    Camera Kit Rental - Epic, Alexa, Master Primes, Ultra Primes, Aluras, Cooke Panchro SII/SIII, Grip, Monitoring etc
    Paul Clements - DIT Red Camera (Digital Imaging Technician
    )
    London - Manchester
    +44 (0)7786 444333

www.entswood.co.uk
    paulclementscx@gmail.com

I didn't realise a mod had to do it. I thought the user could change the name and could never find how so just left it. I don't exactly post often but I want to comply with the way of the RED. So could you change mine from browny182 to Andrew Brown.

Thanks guys. Keep up the great work.

I too replied to the email some time ago, but saw no change... not that my current user name is much of a disguise :)

Ross

Same here, also not a frequent poster at all. But I read often and maybe will post more when I finally own a RED. You can change my username Anillusion to Wouter van Gestel.
    Thanks.