Thread: Mary-Louise Parker...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Stevenson View Post
    I agree that "man crush" can also mean that, because I have a man-crush on Bruce Willis. But, in this instance, when I say man crush, I mean primal, instinctive, MAN crush :-)
    Fair enough.. haha.
    justin chin
    infinite machine
    www.infinitemachine.com

Senior Member Jonathan Stevenson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wild View Post
    Like I said, Eric. Do a search. I'm not insulting her...quite the opposite. I just wish she wouldn't think 100% wrinkle-less is natural. It's not. She's beautiful, it's just these days beauty now has asterisk.
    Think about the industry though. A female actress is somewhat obligated to stunt her aging in order to avoid dismissal from studios and agencies. Plenty of actresses (Sharon Stone, Helen Hunt) seem to take the "natural" route and end up fading away because they aren't "pretty" anymore. Let's face it, Hollywood is a brutally honest and cruel industry and especially critical of women, and sometimes you have to take those steps to stay afloat. Women age, men become "more refined." So, she has to do what she has to do.

You know, I can understand why younger men think only younger women look attractive. And I can understand why older men think younger women are attractive. But I can't understand older men who don't think older women are attractive.
    David Mullen, ASC
    Los Angeles
    http://www.davidmullenasc.com

4. #14 Totally agree 
    Aging is a mixed bag.

There are days when I'd trade a little of the wisdom and experience to recover a little of the lost flexibility and strength. And there reaches a point when you become invisible to hot women under about 25, and that didn't number among my favorite experiences.

That said, one of the unsung advantages of aging is that the women get more interesting, and the range on women you find attractive continues to expand.

I know a 47 year old yoga instructor that I can't look at during class, for fear of "side effects"

Mary-Louise gets at me too in a fundamental "man" place. She's smoking hot, but it was that brilliantly cutting delivery of Aaron Sorkin's dialog, and her complete self confidence that shows through her characters as much as her looks that riveted me.

A few wrinkles wouldn't deter my enthusiasm one bit.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by David Mullen ASC View Post
    You know, I can understand why younger men think only younger women look attractive. And I can understand why older men think younger women are attractive. But I can't understand older men who don't think older women are attractive.
    I am 23 and my girlfriend (2 years now) is 40. So I can understand why young guys find older women attractive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HB8Hfh6OpA

Mary on Craig Ferguson last month....

www.SolarSystemStudio.com/

EPIC DRAGON - SCARLET DRAGON - DJI Ronin - Proline Raven steadicam

Quote Originally Posted by Curran Giddens View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HB8Hfh6OpA

Mary on Craig Ferguson last month....
    Damn... No audio? But who cares, She's great.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mullen ASC View Post
    It's simple evolutionary biology, David. Young women are considered to be more attractive, better able to produce successful offspring (fewer genetic defects, less chromosomal damage to eggs), less likely to carry diseases or mental baggage, etc. The fact that older men find older women attractive usually has more to do with mental factors, like long-term love, common interests, friendship, social acceptibility, and so on.

Nietzsche used to talk about the difference between physical and mental love. Once you get past a certain age, and the physical beauty wears off, all you are left with is the conversation, so you better marry someone you like talking to!

All of you should know now that Sigmund Freud is watching from Vienna...
    "There is no point in having sharp images when you've fuzzy ideas."
    Jean-Luc Godard.

Dynamic range is, after all, the measurement between well saturation (photosite blowout) and noise floor.
    Thom Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wild View Post
    Like I said, Eric. Do a search. I'm not insulting her...quite the opposite. I just wish she wouldn't think 100% wrinkle-less is natural. It's not. She's beautiful, it's just these days beauty now has asterisk.
    OK, did a search, and although there is a lot of speculation, very little in terms of documented fact in articles I found. Anyway, I'm not denying she may have had work done, and as I've got older I've stopped being as judgemental of people who want to stave off signs of aging. Being in the public eye must make that urge a hundred times stronger. IF she's had surgery I think her doctors are doing a fantastic job!
    Director/Digital Camera Operator/2nd AC/DIT/Data Manager
    London, UK.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.