Thread: SALT Results... (Part 1, Results)

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks for heroically putting it all together Evin and Brook !

Matt Uhry
    www.mattuhry.com

This is terrific thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that might be worth doing is if each of you reviewers disclose your involvement with any of the products in this review.

It may be a little bizarre to some people that Matt Duclos is a reviewer here and his product is in the mix , and I know Evin has talked about his involvement in the development of the Ruby lenses, it might be just good to state that openly and get it out of the way. Matt and Evin are both stand up guys, but it is impossible to be impartial in that situation.

Yes. I consulted in the development of the Ruby/Nikon 14-24 and Matt Duclos modifies the Tokina 11-16mm lens. It's also important to note neither of us had anything to do with the optical design of the original Nikon or Tokina lens. In the spirit of full disclosure.
    "All art is deception."

My DP reel...
    http://www.evingrantdp.com
    360 Cinematography and camera rigs...
    http://www.360dop.com

Great reviews! Thanks!

Will pics/vids be forthcoming?
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

I didn't mean to call you out Evin as both you and Matt's reviews on your own products did not seem inflated in anyway, it is just important information people know the backgrounds and relationships. I have read and heard so many rumors of who did what its a bit hard to remember.

Awesome work, gentlemen, and greatly appreciated. Cant wait to check out the grabs and footage.

Thank you!
    Jonas

Showreel

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney James View Post
    This is terrific thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!

One thing that might be worth doing is if each of you reviewers disclose your involvement with any of the products in this review.

It may be a little bizarre to some people that Matt Duclos is a reviewer here and his product is in the mix , and I know Evin has talked about his involvement in the development of the Ruby lenses, it might be just good to state that openly and get it out of the way. Matt and Evin are both stand up guys, but it is impossible to be impartial in that situation.
    I did.... Read my review.
    involvement.... Such a loose term. ;)
    ~Matthew Duclos
    connoisseur du glass
    facebook twitter CoC

I don't have any involvement with the manufacturers, other than that I know some of them professionally.

Honestly, I'm not very technical about such things -- I put a lens on a camera and look at the image and decide if I like it or if it suits the project's style (and budget.) My only general rule is that it is easier to soften a sharp lens than sharpen a soft lens, so I tend to prefer sharp prime lenses, which allows me more freedom to use diffusion filters if I want that look.
    David Mullen, ASC
    Los Angeles
    http://www.davidmullenasc.com

Banned
    Thanks guys.

Yes, it is a shame the MPs weren't in the lineup as they are certainly the benchmark to compare other lenses against. I look forward to Part II, III,....XXXXXLV. Give me some hard numbers and pictures now

edit: oh, and make it sticky