Thread: .r3d on LUSTRE

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 .r3d on LUSTRE 
    Has anyone opened .r3d files in the newest version of LUSTRE???
    Renato Falcăo - A.B.C.

what do you want to know?
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

How was the process?? Any issues opening the files? Any specific set ups in order to get the best resolution?? What color space, bit rate. We will do it probably tomorrow so any advise is welcome. We need to keep it in 4K all the way.
    Thanks
    Renato Falcăo - A.B.C.

Senior Member Stephen Strangways's Avatar
    I saw Lustre in use a couple of years ago, and was quite impressed. I'd love to have native R3D grading, and SCRATCH just doesn't jive with, so I got all excited about getting into Lustre myself after seeing this thread title, until I read this on their website:

"Import of compressed media such as RED ONE R3D™, Apple® QuickTime®, and MXF files for Lustre on Linux® only"

Further on, I found this:
    "Compressed media such as RED ONE R3D™ and Apple® QuickTime® files can now be used directly in Autodesk Lustre running on the Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® operating system. Compressed media transcoding support can also be handled remotely by a network connected Linux-based server. For optimal playback performance, infiniband networking is recommended.

For Lustre running on Microsoft® Windows® operating system, compressed media support for formats such as R3D and QuickTime is available by running transcoding services on a network-connected remote Linux based server. For optimal playback performance, infiniband networking is recommended. "

So, digitalfx, I'm curious... are you working on a Linux workstation, or a Linux server with a Windows workstation?