Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RELEASED: RED ADOBE CS4 INSTALLER (v1.7.0)

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    For Macintosh go to : Applications/ADOBE After Effects CS4/PlugIns/Format/

You'll find a file called RedSettingsPAL.plugin, just delete it and install the 1.7 plug-in. This is explained in the Whitepaper all the way at the bottom for After Effects.
    IATSE 600 DIT
    Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
    Phantom / Sony F65/55/35/23 / Arri Alexa - Codex / Red Epic

It seems like I'm getting realtime playback at 2k/Half Resolution/High Debayer on Mac Pro 8 core 2.93GHz. Is there a way to view playback fps rate in Premiere Pro?

Congratulations to the team for making this happen. This is the easiest RED workflow I've seen. I'll be away from FCP until FCS3. :-)
    Andrae Palmer
    Founder, FACETMEDIA LLC
    facebook.com/facetmedia

Package for rent in South Florida with EPIC-X Camera #721 & RED One #6353, RPP, RED Rocket, RED 18-50 & Oconnor 2575C. Davinci Resolve, FSI LM-2461W & Mac Pro 12 core. Rentals/Equipment List: http://facetmedia.com/camera-packages/

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Carr View Post

You'll find a file called RedSettingsPAL.plugin, just delete it and install the 1.7 plug-in. This is explained in the Whitepaper all the way at the bottom for After Effects.
    Cheers ! missed that bit ;-(
    David Nardini

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Wah Lim View Post
    Hi Paul,

According to Red you need to uninstall V1.3 first. Did you uninstall the V1.3? If so, can you let me know where or how to do that.

Lim
    Hi Lim,

just go to Add/Remove Programs in Windows, tell it to uninstall Red Adobe plugin, then install the new version.

HTH

Paul
    Paul Leeming
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Stereographer
    Visceral Psyche Films

www.visceralpsyche.com

Mobile: +81 (0)80 8439 4635
    Twitter:
    @visceralpsyche

Facebook: Paul Leeming

Epic-X #135 DRAGON (New OLPF)

5. #25 AE setting ... 
    Original R3D material (clip) is 4k, 16x9, RC36, 24fps ...
    AE comp is 1920 x 1080, 24fps with R3D ...

For the same clip :
    • In REDAlert, (Half High), for 703 frames = render time just over 5 minutes
    • In AE setting Interpret Footage > Debayer Detail > medium) for 237 frames = render time is 17 minutes ! (BTW : I've assumed 'medium' is near enough 'half' as in REDAlert)

What's the secret to get AE to go faster ? (same exact machine BTW)
    David Nardini

The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work

Thanks Alex.

Lim

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Leeming View Post
    Hi Lim,

just go to Add/Remove Programs in Windows, tell it to uninstall Red Adobe plugin, then install the new version.

HTH

Paul
    Thanks Paul,

I am using the Mac. Alex provided the answer.

Lim

This is great! A giant step forward.

I have a suggestion for the future release, could we have a histogram in the interpret footage window? I have to go in and out to update my Test Gear(waveform, Histogram,Parade,vectorscope) plug-ins in After Effects. Not that its any trouble, but if one wants to set Exposure/Saturation/Contrast/Brightness, I'd be nice to have a quick little reference!
    I have asked the Adobe team to take a look at adding this feature. It's convenient to have it at that initial stage to get a starting point.
    Steve Sherrick
    Chief Collaborator
    Modern Vintage Media
    STEVESHERRICK.COM
    Local 600 DIT/Operator

I cannot install it on Windows XP 64 bit SP2. I can execute the file REDCODE CS4 Win 1.7.msi but it starts installing and suddenly stops. I have uninstalled the older version (which worked flawlessly), restarted, and tried to install the new one. It doesn't show any warning or error, it just stops and the progress bar of the installer disappears. Anyone having the same issue?
    BTW I have a Blackmagic Intensity installed as well...I don't know if it can create conflicts.
    Thanks!

Edited: I've managed to make it work. I guess the installer suddenly stopping is the expected behaviour. I was waiting for a "Choose your destination folder" kind of message or at least "It was installed successfully". Anyway, I had a problem with the premiere cs4 4.1 update. I reupdated premiere, reinstalled redcode importer, restarted and it works. Performance has improved A LOT in my system so far. Terrific job.

I'm having the same problem as Joel; the Red Presets are missing in Premiere Pro; did everything right in Vista 64, service pack 1, Premiere Pro CS4 4.1

so Joel, how did you solve it.