Thread: RED users in New Zealand

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hey cuzzie bros,

I used to climb a bit, and have done a couple of seasons around Mt Cook. Anyone shot/shooting Red in the Southern Alps...it would be spectacular...

James
    #2634, 2635

Banned
    Hi Guys,

I am one of Jae's (Jae Ahn here on the boards) friends. In fact I was best man in his wedding.

Sadly you will no longer be hearing from Jae. He was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. His young life was snuffed out way too early. He was one of my closest and dearest friends and I am still in shock with the news.

People will no longer get to see the genius of his creativity or the warmth of his friendship. I was lucky to have been exposed to both.

For a small example of his work, see his showreel here:
    http://redreampix.com/html/home.html
    (just click on showreel)

RIP my brother....

Jason Greenwood

Quote Originally Posted by jae ahn View Post
    cont. Just to wrap it up, I will continue on from where I left off on the 23rd.
    Anyways during the treatment I had this enlightenment, sort of an awakening really. The whole cancer experience gave me a new frame of mind and outlook. I knew God gave me a second chance in life and I was convinced that I had to do something, purposeful.

My life till then had been focused on pleasures the world had offered in extensive variety. The cancer made me refocus and now my aspirations are still as distinct but pointed at an intensely varying directions.

Through listening to an internal calling and by reconciling it with external calling I knew I had to tell stories and move and inspire people so they also get the opportunity to change their lives without having to go through the extremes like cancer.

When I had realised the purpose of my life I was already well into my thirties and had very little experience behind the camera. I felt I was way behind everyone and had felt a sense of constant urgency to accelerate my learning and experience. Starting with Sony FX1 then Canon H1, then to Panny Hvx 202 and HPX 502 I had advanced my experience with the camera and work at a good pace.

Now, the whole point to this story. Enter RED ONE. After I had purchased the RED ONE camera last October, the scope of my work began to change drastically. The migratory move from CHCH to Auckland coincided with the timing of the purchase and that also contributed to great opportunities I have been offered.

Today I am in a shoot with Katie Wolfe (director) and Ginny Loane for a short film (working as camera tech). And until now there had been a host of jobs including commercials and music videos which I had either directed, DP'd, or simply worked as a camera technician. (I am not a rental company). I guess what I am trying to say is that without the RED camera the opportunities that I have been blessed with probably would not have materialised so soon. Although its resonably costly to have a complete RED ONE kit with bells and whistles, it still remains I believe, the most advanced camera for what it costs.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to thank God for appointing Jim Jannard (and you too Mr.Jannard and whomever helped the RED ONE what it is today and for many years to come) and all of his helpers to make my life's purpose to stay on track and on speed, as it would also have done for many others around the world.

In the next 4 years you will see one or more of my feature films released, using RED's technology. I hope it inspires you to act upon your brilliant thoughts as RED has done for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGNZ View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am one of Jae's (Jae Ahn here on the boards) friends. In fact I was best man in his wedding.

Sadly you will no longer be hearing from Jae. He was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident yesterday. His young life was snuffed out way too early. He was one of my closest and dearest friends and I am still in shock with the news.

People will no longer get to see the genius of his creativity or the warmth of his friendship. I was lucky to have been exposed to both.

(just click on showreel)

RIP my brother....

Jason Greenwood

As many here know I have also been put about some serious tests of life, and after my resuscitation following a heart failure do to too many strong of drugs after the removal of both Kidneys, and a transplant, I totally and completely understood Jae Ahn's posts, and only wish had redden this posts earlier, and not just now, as I have been considering moving to Wellington, for the past year and a half now, along other locations such Vancouver, and now once again, I'm in the position were I must absolutely carefully choose the location for my renewed Motion Pictures Company, as well as a Solar Energy one, both at their start up points, but both very serious and with our Planet first in mind, so NZ does fit in quite right for me, especially cause my doctors are the ones insisting that I must stay in a healthy environment and be allowed to take long walks in a fresh and clean area, so will see, what it will happen.

But it could be that Wellington could get a new Italian Permanent resident.

EDIT: I made this new post for it: http://reduser.net/forum/showthread....200#post535200

Now I'm very sorry I would never get to share our struggles of life, and the new found desired for it, and our Passion for RED, truly sorry.
    KETCH ROSSi • F i l m m a k e r
    RED EPIC #00008 aka DragonM8

Hi Guys,

(just click on showreel)

RIP my brother....

Jason Greenwood
    This is really tragic Jason - I only met Jae once, and I was very impressed with his enthusiasm and drive, and it's a real tragedy that someone doing so much to build their business and striving so hard to make great pictures and a great lifestyle for themselves has had this happen to them.

My sincerest condolences to all his family and friends.

Regards,

Craig Parkes.

5. #35 Jae Ahn - A great guy and too early to go - God Bless and RIP 
    Hi Thanks Yeah same here I have just spent the last 6 months working with Jae Ahn my name is Bret Nichols and I am a Australian and New Zealand Cinematographer. And with now shooting on RED mainly these days it was great to connect with a super enthusiastic and genuine guy who was a owner operator and he would do anything for you. I would comment like wow this job is going to be hand held for 12 weeks and he would go and purchase a new hand held rig or a new matte box for weight savings. Which made all the difference in hiring Jae and his kits. We traveled throughout out the pacific in Sept and Oct so we became quite close. I have been shooting since the 80's and have worked with some great people who have gone on to do some great things but this is a first of loosing a close crew member - as I dont consider myself at the age where a lot of people are falling over from old age yet. So from all my crew and people who have worked with him over the past couple of years we wish his family and young daughter all of our blessings and hope after all his struggles with illness in the past that Jae is in a nice place that we all can come visit again someday.
    He was a real flag post to fly the RED flag from... I seriously mean this
    and we pushed the RED One to places I thought I could only go with a film camera - so he sold me right into the RED world - Thanks again Jae and God Bless young man may a guiding hand take you to the next place of peace and rest.

Hi Guys,

(just click on showreel)

RIP my brother....

Jason Greenwood

Sorry to hear about Jae, I'd actually had a little correspondence with him awhile back, knowledgeable guy.

I'm looking to get a little exposure with the RED, been wanting too since launch. I'm a 3d/vfx artist by trade happily employed, but would love to give some time too help out any projects or short films. I live in Auckland if anyone needs an able bodied helping hand or some vfx work done give me a yell.

Check out my work at http://www.shortfuse.co.nz

Hey Guys, I love networking with people from all over the world and meeting new people.

I especially love New Zealand for it's people and places.

Could any of you add me on Facebook so we can start to get to know each other a bit more?

Thanks...

facebook.com/josephhutson
    CINEPHOTOGRAPHER | DubaiFilm

INSTAGRAM | @JosephHutson

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Hello

We are trying to sell Red gears (4k PL Mount, Glidecam V25,Red lenses and Red 7inch mornitor)

If you like to see the gears please contact ahnmonica2009@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Hi y'all, pretty slack at playing fanboy, but we've got 2 full RED MX kits for hire at c4camera in Auckland. ( c4camera.com )
    Lens packages include RED pro primes and Zeiss s/speeds.
    FF4, MB20/18/LMB5 etc.
    Panasonic sony and HP monitors, down converters etc etc.
    I've been shooting RED for TVCs and Promos in all sorts of environments, and together with Matt Hunt we offer advice and training.
    Cheers
    Warwick

Hi team!

I am looking for some hands on experience with a Red Camera system, be it Red One or Epic. I am a 43 year old Mech Engineer that desperately wants to break into the film or broadcasting industry. Name your clichι, mid life crisis, lost childhood...or maybe now that life has thrown all it can at me, I have time for a kids dream or two. Whatever the reason, I would love to spend sometime on any project to be shot on Red. Even if it is only for a day. I plan on buying a scarlet or two on it's release and shoot a small indie that I have been sitting on for some time so I am serious with my commitment. My hard work, for a bit of knowledge.

I am also considering a program at a film school, but I am split between the Film school of nz and Nz Film Academy, so if anyone can weigh in on either I would truly appreciate the input.

Any help team and I am in your debt!

Jb
    The Toll House. Coming 2014
    The Pixel Protocol LLC
    Scarlet-X "Newcastle" no: 00307