Thread: good stuff with the latest cs4 builds for REDCODE

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 good stuff with the latest cs4 builds for REDCODE 
    This HP laptop with the new cs4 beta builds I am working with has been a TOTAL game changer for me..for the first time I am TOTALLY happy working on this machine with REDCODE and CS4..it's THAT fast and responsive....I have been waiting for YEARS for this..the bastards with stills cameras have had it for years...now it's us motion guys!!

I'm needless to say "lovin it"

it's like total mobile freedom....and when you WANT 2k in realtime simply attach the hard disk to a 16core HP and BINGO you have THEATRICAL level quality playback! WOW.

I was preaching this speaking for ADOBE at NAB ....but now I'm living it....good time to be alive in the motion world!

I just finished Post on a RED TV spot on the laptop with a standard USB drive with no problems at all, when the client was in I just took the drive to our 8core and worked in 1080p with 3 screens, 2 24inch and one Plasma at our studio...really really nice workflow and so easy.....things have come a LONG way since I started working with the Adobe team 8 or so months ago its really nice to see it all working and being able to sit with a client and have NO crashes and NO work stopping issues for once with cs4!

The idea of cheap hardware and software finishing is pretty cool and gives lots of room for freedom of post....I was working on the same project at a coffee shop today making tweaks for the client with the DreamColor screen on the Elite book knowing that I was looking at what I would see in the studio on the DreamColor professional 24inch HD screen.

BTW I am talking about the EliteBook quadcore HP laptop running cs4.1 with the latest soon to be released REDCODE supporting builds.
    Obin Olson
    Director - Editor - DP - UNKNONWN CALLER - 2014
    http://vimeo.com/78124989
    www.the-forgery.com
    www.fatalflawmovie.com
    www.mobijokes.tv
    'These Red Guys - like nothing I have ever seen!'
    Assimilate Scratch, it's like working in the future, right now. ( no they did not pay me to say that)

Quote Originally Posted by obin View Post
    This HP laptop with the new cs4 beta builds I am working with has been a TOTAL game changer for me..for the first time I am TOTALLY happy working on this machine with REDCODE and CS4..it's THAT fast and responsive....I have been waiting for YEARS for this..the bastards with stills cameras have had it for years...now it's us motion guys!!

I'm needless to say "lovin it"

it's like total mobile freedom....and when you WANT 2k in realtime simply attach the hard disk to a 16core HP and BINGO you have THEATRICAL level quality playback! WOW.

I was preaching this speaking for ADOBE at NAB ....but now I'm living it....good time to be alive in the motion world!

I just finished Post on a RED TV spot on the laptop with a standard USB drive with no problems at all, when the client was in I just took the drive to our 8core and worked in 1080p with 3 screens, 2 24inch and one Plasma at our studio...really really nice workflow and so easy.....things have come a LONG way since I started working with the Adobe team 8 or so months ago its really nice to see it all working and being able to sit with a client and have NO crashes and NO work stopping issues for once with cs4!

The idea of cheap hardware and software finishing is pretty cool and gives lots of room for freedom of post....I was working on the same project at a coffee shop today making tweaks for the client with the DreamColor screen on the Elite book knowing that I was looking at what I would see in the studio on the DreamColor professional 24inch HD screen.

BTW I am talking about the EliteBook quadcore HP laptop running cs4.1 with the latest soon to be released REDCODE supporting builds.
    Obin, good to know you are enjoying it. Still waiting for the Scratch back workflow. Still the same work around? Lim

Obin r u getting 2k High on the HP ? (desktop not mobile)

s
    --------------------------
    MatteBlackFilms
    Space Digital Visual Effects & Post Production

That's amazing... I can't wait to try the update..

BTW.. What graphic card are you using?

Thanks

yea, 2k full resolution playback! quadro cx card. dont' need it unless you want the speed for 2
    h264 encodes...

z600 or z800 HP workstation will do 2k playback on the timeline!
    Obin Olson
    www.the-forgery.com
    www.fatalflawmovie.com
    www.mobijokes.tv
    Assimilate Scratch, it's like working in the future, right now. ( no they did not pay me to say that)

Thanks for the reply..

What's the word on OSX workflow & CS4?

should be about what it's like on PC....fast as hell and easy to work with...wait till you guys get your hands on what we have been doing....

I said: Adobe r3d should be as easy as DV.
    They said: Lets do it. and make it even better.
    Obin Olson
    www.the-forgery.com
    www.fatalflawmovie.com
    www.mobijokes.tv

Banned
    I'm already thrilled I can open up an R3D directly in After Effects CS4 9.0.1. I'm only on a dual core PC with an nVIDIA Quadro FX 4500. Works great. But the renders are too slow. I want what you're eating.

Cool stuff Obin

How are u feeding the plasma screen? aja card or does your graphics card have 3 outputs?

and if you have a couple of audio tracks, music and voices playing,
    do you still get 2k full res on the HPZ. Currently I get decent playback
    at 1/4 res but as soon as I add some music to the a track I start getting
    worse playback, I'm sure it's all good on the Z, just wanted to confirm.

thanks for all your info you post about hp and adobe, great stuff!